Thread: How do you guys get those nice paint jobs???

TCJET
    I have a 21'Southwind that I have a blast in. It really needs a mo betta paint job. I baught a Binks gel coat spray rig with external catalyst 2 spray heads and about 9 knobs. Did a lot of practicing on a piece of junk egg beater but can not get the real nice gloss even after buffing the final clear coat that had patch reducer and wax additive and the slower MEK. Is gel-coat the wrong thing to use? and if so what should I be using? Any help would be great. Would someone please stop the rain so I can go play...lol

HM
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Any questions?

hack job
    you have to wet sand it! i think you might already know that, but you can always ask havasu barney
    www.havasubarney.com
    he would be able to tell you or point you in the right direction! wink good luck!

Eric455
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/BOAT_5.JPG[/img] [img]http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/BOAT_3.JPG[/img]
    paint job no good. original gelcoat very nice, liiking this is a 1978 Southwind T-deck. 454/berk.
    good luck
    eric

Kwicherbichen
    hack job:
    you can always ask Havasu Barney
    www.havasubarney.com
    he would be able to tell you or point you in the right direction! wink good luck! I second that!

superdave013
    Kwicherbichen:
    hack job:
    you can always ask Havasu Barney
    www.havasubarney.com
    he would be able to tell you or point you in the right direction! wink good luck! I second that!I third that! His site has a gel coat & fiberglass fourm just for questions like that. And everyone thinks Barney's site is just naked chicks. Lots of good info over there!

Hallett19
    I fourth havasu barney, amazing work, the best customer service, great price, great people, they love boating and no run around.

TCJET
    Nice boat I would love to have a paint job that nice. How do you get the bottom painted? I will check out Barney's web site. Thanks guys. Your animated icons are pretty good.

FoMoCo
    I used Depont Imron on the bottom of the boat, And I used PPG Candy Wineberry and a lot of clear on the top!!!!! Oh Ya a little bit of Red pearl!!

I hope this helps!!!
    Good Luck!