Thread: Spectra 18 Questions

RH
    Where are you attaching your tie downs from the trailer to the back of the boat ? I don't have any eyes on the boat or the trailer . The guy I bought it from didn't use them , bringing it home I noticed it had moved on the trailer . Wood grain on the deck is starting to turn white I tried wax which did not do much , got some armer-all on it from spraying the interior which I wiped off an it got rid of the white I don't know how long it will last but it looked pretty good has anyone tried this ? With the trailer tongue tilted up I noticed some oil dripping out of the pump nozzle what's up with that this is my first jet so I am not that familiar with them . That's all for now more to follow . Thanks Randy

NorCal Gameshow
    i've got an 18' as well, i don't use straps and haven't had a problem, i want to do some work on the trailer this winter so i might work on getting some brackets on...what engine do you have? check out spectramarine.com web page brent has put together a great site for spectra owners, and those who want to be.....

SPECTRABRENT
    RH,
    I would strap your Spectra 18 to the trailer over the jet.
    I would never use Armorall on the interior, I use simple green to keep it clean.
    www.spectramarine.com
    Good Luck,
    Brent

RH
    Why no on the armorall ? Norcal - 460
    [ July 28, 2002, 10:45 PM: Message edited by: RH ]

NorCal Gameshow
    i just picked up some 303 u.v. protector has anyone else tried it ? on the armor-all i don't use it due to the slip and slide factor...as well as if you start using it you can't stop ....

RH
    Some one else told me about the armorall can't stop thing whats that all about ?

WETDAWG
    Try using a pair of tiedowns linked together ovet the back of the boat, Hook them to the inside channel on the trailer and cinch them tight. It w2oks for me.
    I have tried tying over the jet but felt freall uncomfortable on longer trips.
    Then this winter, cut some 2" pipe into 1"lenths and have them welded to the inside rail of yor trailer every 2 feet. They make fantastic cover tiedowns and work graet with bungees
    Good luck on your new boat
    Ted

NorCal Gameshow
    when you stop using it on the tires, trim or what ever you're using it on really dries out,the armorall might have a solvent type effect???the 303 i bought says you can use it on fiberglass as well, you might want to try it on your deck

hack job
    that 303 kicks some serious ass it cleans and protects really well.i would go with that . as for the oil out of the pump thats the oil thats in the pump. you need to put more in before you go out again. those two holes on top of the bowl remove them and put 90wt gear oil in one side till it comes out the other. as for why its doing it , more thank likley you need to freshen up your pump. good luck and if you to know any more feel free to ask . i also have a spectra (19').
    wink

caution 2
    Armorall won't let the seats breath and as the sun bakes it it will harden and crack , after i clean it i use pledge on it to protect it, they have been using it on expensive furniture for years it lets it breath, as for the oil in the nozzle, i take it as a berkeley, your rear bowl seal is cracked or worn out, keep it filled untill you fix it, Jim Brock, Cyclone Speed & Marine (818)890-1867