Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AFTERSHOCK BOATS

Mandelon
    How exactly does one drive with paper plates? Tupperware maybe.....

FastCats
    "I was interested in the 27' cat they make. " Hi OCSTOKER
    What did you ever do about getting a cat?
    Scott

THOR
    Did Aftershock back up their ad that states that the 27' Cat will go 70+ mph with a 6.2L?
    Unbelievable. For 49K no less.

BowTie Rick
    Well, since their shop is 10 minutes from my house, I swung by yesterday to check them out. Small is the opportune word. They are not a big company. Their construction looked sound with full length stringers and good workmanship. Gel coat quality was satisfactory, not the best I've seen nor the worst. They did not have anything finished with upolstrey in it so I can't comment on that. The sales folks where cool, not too pushy but not too disinterested either. Why are they so much less than other boats? From what I could tell is it due to a low overhead. They get engines and hardware as needed to build the boats. They do not have them stockpiled and ready to go. Being smaller, they also have less employees and that can save you a fortune in insurance and workers comp. Lastly, being small and not well known you need an edge over competitors to get sales. A lower price will do that. If they ever do get big and well known, I can guarantee that the prices will go up and be the same as the others. My feelings, not a bad deal if you are not into names and prestige value.

Dribble
    Actually, Eagle Pacific (Performance Offshore Marine) and Aftershock are two different companies. When they were called West Coast Tooling, (next door to Shockwave) they did the layup for Eagle Pacific. Their 24' Tremor in the ad is the Eagle Pacific that was tested by HB in 1998. I don't know if they share the mold or what. I am in the fourth season with mine and couldn't be happier. It is solid and completely trouble free.
    http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Hot_...ver/Img211.JPG
    [ July 31, 2002, 09:16 AM: Message edited by: Dribble ]

shockwavebd
    If it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, walks like a duck........then it must be a duck!
    You get what you pay for.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12