Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Millerton Lake?

Lumpy
    I was just wondering if anyone has ever been to Millerton Lake? Is it a decent sized lake? How is it this time of year? Any info is appreciated. Thanks.......Lumpy

69 Elim
    yup, been there MANY times. I guess me and Bubbledeck are the resident exports. The lake has very good ramps (like 10 boats wide) and you never have a wait. good paved parking. Right now the lake is pretty full, but will be going down pretty fast towards the end of summer (no big deal though as still very good access to the water all year long) Most people party in the river (like 12 miles back). I've been going there for 10 years. The little town below the dam is Friant. Little pizza joint and the "Dam Dinner" which has good food. I recommend it, plus it is close to home. Even gone afterwork in the evenings.

CCF
    The lake is awesome. We went up there last weekend and had a great time. Millerton is one of the cleanest lakes I've been too.
    Lumpy:
    I was just wondering if anyone has ever been to Millerton Lake? Is it a decent sized lake? How is it this time of year? Any info is appreciated. Thanks.......Lumpy

Havasu_Dreamin
    All those years going to Sahver we never stopped at Millerton. Always wondered what it was like. It's a lot cooler up at Shaver though both air and water temperature.

69 Elim
    Havasu_Dreamin:
    All those years going to Sahver we never stopped at Millerton. Always wondered what it was like. It's a lot cooler up at Shaver though both air and water temperature.True dat... the only thing with Millerton is no alcohol allowed on the beach. But OK in the boat. Actually pretty good beaches too.

Lumpy
    Thanks for the replies guys. Couple more questions please. About how far is Millerton from the 99-41 interchange? I am about an hour south of there. Also, Is there a speed limit on the lake? Thanks.....Lumpy
    [ July 19, 2002, 03:39 PM: Message edited by: Lumpy ]

69 Elim
    Lumpy:
    Thanks for the replies guys. Couple more questions please. About how far is Millerton from the 99-41 interchange? I am about an hour south of there. Also, Is there a speed limit on the lake? Thanks.....Lumpyumm, guessing 30 - 40 minutes to the water. give or take.

69 Elim
    Lumpy - you have a flat, right? Millerton can get a bit boat ruff out in the middle on the weekends - I have a flat too. just becareful. the river is an area of the lake that has flat water and a 35 mph zone. not sure what the speed limit of the main lake is?

CoastGuardSteve
    Millerton is very nice! The only problem is that it can get rough at times. Once in the back it gets fairly smooth.......how about Pine Flat guys?
    Bubbledeck, didn't you tell me about that Spectra on Ashlan Ave last summer?
    Steve
    [ July 19, 2002, 05:25 PM: Message edited by: CoastGuardSteve ]

sandblasted
    Which lake is better, Millerton or Pine Flat? I've heard Pine flat is a little nicer for camping but the launch ramp sucks, some friends of mine in Visalia say the ramp in Millerton is the best they have ever seen, very wide, perfect for people with poor backing skills...Just wondering as may head up there this year...
    also for you local Fresno/Visalia guys..I hear they are going raise Kaweah dam by 30 feet..any of you ever boat there?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast