Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP! Need a great Gelcoat repair facility.

H2on22
    Friggin crap. Got my first dings this weekend while putting the boat back on the trailer. Damn carpet came off a corner of one of the bunks and exposed the wood. And of'course I ran straight into it.
    I was referred to Abstract Fiberglass in Van Nuys by the folks at the Anchor. Any word on their work? And any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Fat Chance
    I've used them on several occasions, great work. ask for Ed.

Trailer Park Casanova
    I had some work done there about 10 mos ago.
    It was OK., but everyone swore he bondo'd, painted and rubbed out the job,, not gel coated it.
    The new white repair lacked the depth of the rest of the gel coat.
    Damfino,, I had a boat to unload because a new one was on order and arriving any day.
    I sold the boat because it looked good enough.
    Ed will talk your ears off beyond anyone you've ever experienced.
    The three water lice shops in Simi: Simi Honda, Yamaha of Simi, and Kawasaki of Simi won't go Abstract because of bad experiences, and he charges more than other shops, Damfino.
    Watusi in Corona used to be good,, but I think has gone way down hill. Some story about white powder,, damfino,,
    A great shop is Havasu Barney, or Tige' Boats in Corona who repairs all makes and has an excellent fiberglass/gel coat shop.
    Several good shops in Havasu recomended on this board.
    The next gel coat work I may need will be Havasu Barney. Drop it off,, then come back and pick it up for the OP6.
    [ June 04, 2003, 05:05 PM: Message edited by: Trailer Park Casanova ]

Jordy
    I'd go hit Louie up for some warranty on the shoddy carpet work, or the thin gel coat...

H2on22
    thanks guys, The job is pretty small (8" x 8" section w/little scrapes) so I figure you really can't screw it up, but I want to make sure they get the fade right. Abstract is really close and convienent, so I think I'll try Ed. Thanks for the info guys.
    ...and I am hitting up Louie for VIP's "let's try Elmer's glue this time" approach for attaching carpet to the bunks. burningm

SPECTRABRENT
    JOes Tooling in Sun Valley.
    Brent

Boatmaster
    RD right go see HavasuBarney (Jay) in Havasu. Check him out at www.HavasuBarney.com

hottrodder
    I've used Pat's Fibergalss in Upland, or maybe that's Rancho Cucamonga there by Cable Airport, before. High quality, decent price. I bet Barney can do as good a job at a lower price if your willing to drive/tow.

Riverhound
    I just had some minor work done at Havasu Barney's and I couldnt have had a better experiance. If you dont mind a little drive he's the guy to see.

Fat Chance
    Trailer Park Casanova:
    The three water lice shops in Simi: Simi Honda, Yamaha of Simi, and Kawasaki of Simi won't go Abstract because of bad experiences, and he charges more than other shops, Damfino.
    Funny, I worked for KSV for 10 yrs, and we used Abstact quite a bit. They always did great work for a fair price...I don't think much has changed. My buddies Schiada came outta there looking great.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast