Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lake Powell this week!!!

Froggystyle
    We are leaving tomorrow evening for Lake Powell for a whole week, up until the Saturday of Labor Day weekend. If anyone is going out there, lets meet up! I rarely venture that far east with the boat, so this will be a blast, as well as my first trip to Powell.
    Squirts up!

TOBTEK
    have a great time, Watch out for incomming storms! Our day five was a nightmare! Had to be saved by the rangers! Boat stayed over night out on a island, On the way back in the rangers boat we were picking up boaters who's boats had sunk! Be carefull Froggy, Great place but weather can be very extreme!!!

Steamin' Rice
    Sweet! You should have a great time there. Your boat should be fine in that lake. I went up there many times with a 21' and while it got rough sometimes, I made it through ok. Watch out for storms. They can come up quickly and if you get caught in one you are usually better off going into a canyon and waiting for it to blow over than to try to make it to a marina. Most of the storms there don't last for too long, and the canyons give really good shelter.
    The tour boat wakes can be deceivingly big also, which can be good or bad depending on how you look at it.
    There are some awesome canyons to see, and some of them go back for miles. For skiing we usually find good water in Warm Creek Bay and Last Chance Bay. The San Juan River arm is awesome if you are going that far up lake.
    I was there in July and the water was really low which meant there were some shallow spots, but also some really good beaches.
    Have fun and post some pics when you get back!!

PowellScooter
    Froggy, e-mail me at, chocolatedog@TheBigPond.com if you have any questions or need anything before your trip. I will be glad to help if I can. I will let you know how to reach me while you are here Scooter

burtandnancy
    Froggy,
    You'll probably pass my kids on thier way out, they are supposed to get off the lake this week-
    end. Look for a 24 Hallett with burgandys and blues (like you'll have time) You're going to love it, low water or not...

fat rat
    I was there last october.......very cool place, stayed at Walweap and rented a boat......went as far as Rainbow Bridge, a must see........watch the traffic, gets really narrow in spots......Enjoy!

Charley
    Froggy you will have an amazing time! Lake powell is probably the most beautiful Lake out there....Tobtek is right Storms are the biggest bummer about the Lake but if you miss them you are in for a great trip!

DEEZ NUTTS
    Froggy, I will probably miss you, but will be there laborday weekend.
    Are you taking On The Rocks? If so you might have trouble finding good gas. You cant get anything but 87 octane on the lake. I do not know of anyplace in Page that has race gas or any other than 91. There is an airport there, but might be a pain to get gas from. The lake is at 3600 or so feet elevation so that helps a little.
    I lose about 4-5 mph from Havasu to Powell. Have fun.

Froggystyle
    I'm hoping for the airport route. In case, I am loading with full AV gas here, and will try to mix for as long as it will last, and I am bringing 15 gallons for mixing.
    I will try to get a hold of some of you folks while I am up there. Yes, I am bringing OTR, and we are renting a houseboat from Saturday to Saturday.
    I will keep an eye out for the Hallett, but odds are the easy one to pick out is my boat, if you have ever seen it. Pretty tough to confuse with another.
    So none of you will actually be out there for this week, or weekend huh?

PowellScooter
    I live at Lake Powell, so I will be here. We will be trying some different props this weekend looking to get the big boat a couple more mph not that its ever gonna be a Hot Boat! What houseboat are you on? Where are you going to beach it? I`ll be in the 26ft Caribbean tan/brown color scheme, brown bimini. Launching from the main ramp (Wahweap)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast