Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LOST ISLE ON THE DELTA

Kilrtoy
    We have heard about this hang out spot and our thinking about trying it out. Where is it? Where do you launch? and how far from L.A., driving time? is it worth it?

Her454
    Nice place but rough water on big weekends. The Delta itself is a great place but with a small boat (v-drive or jet) it tends to get rough if you dont know the slough's. If you would like to experience the Delta, and party, you might consider Tower Park III in August. Look up Cas on the boards, he has all the details and can supply you with much more info.

Havasu Doug
    I visited the Lost Isle on the delta in the early 80's. It was pretty cool. Great skiing close by too.

Hotcrusader76
    I've partied there twice now. For anyone who doesn't know anything about it, drive up and live the experience. devil

[ January 23, 2003, 04:38 AM: Message edited by: Hotcrusader76 ]

Hermosa
    I was there twice last summer, it's only 20 minutes from where I keep my boat. It's OK, I think the sandbar is much better. The problem with Lost Isle is tht you might end up tying your boat up to someone else, and so on. Getting out when you want could be a problem. Also at the Isle, you are on land, not walking around inthe water like at the sand bar. Big difference. The Delta in general is awesome, lots of waterways, very cool, great boating. You can get lost in a hurry, so get a map and know how to use your GPS! Take it from me, I am the MASTER when it comes to navigation and maps, I got really lost once and it was getting late. Not a good feeling when you are also low on fuel, the sun is going down, and you have no freaking idea where you are at. Lesson learned.

Boatmaster
    I live in Discovery Bay on the delta an spend every weekend out there, but not at Lost Isle. That place has sucked ass for about the last five years now. There is no chance I would do the five plus hour drive from So Cal when you could be on the river. Just my .02 if you ever do come up to the delta put out a post.

Cas
    From what I've heard, Lost Isle isn't what it used to be. Apparently it was closed down for a while due to complaints about some "off color" activities. I also heard it will be reopening in the coming year, true or not, I don't know as I haven't been there in many years.
    Thanks for thinking of me T. I've got a couple of campsites left out of the 45 I reserved so if anyone is interested, let me know.
    Most of the info can be found under the Gatherings and Get Together conference on the Banderlog Discussion Forums www.banderlog.com
    Or you can check out www.laidbackboaters.com for a little more info for TPIII and pictures from the past 2 years.
    It's a lot of fun and keeps getting bigger. We have people towing from the states of WA, OR, NV and IL this year along with people from So CA.

spectratoad
    A few of us took a ride down there last august during CAS's tower park get together and it was a pretty cool hangout. Just close your eyes though if you are into building codes as I am. I don't think there was a level floor or straight wall in the joint. Can you say settling structure? there is a lot of big water though but around back they do have a dock.
    PS - CAS check is going out tomorrow before I leave for Mississippi, promise.

Her454
    Cas
    [QB] Thanks for thinking of me T. I've got a couple of campsites left out of the 45 I reserved so if anyone is interested, let me know.
    [QB]Your welcome wink and I plan on doing my best to make it down there this year for sure.

Sandbar Junkies
    THE DELTA IS AWESOME TO GO WATERSKI, PAY ATTENTION OR YOU WILL GET LOST. MY BUDDIES PARENTS HAVE A PLACE IN DISCOVORY BAY DID ALOT OF PARTYING THERE,BUT IT IS NO SANDBAR...THERE ARE A FEW BARS OUT THERE ON THE BUTT NONE WORTH MISSING OUT ON THE RIVER FOR. ALOT OF OLDER RICH PEOPLE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast