Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HTM SR 24 handling

el_jefe
    Does anyone know how the HTM SR24 handles at speeds between 30-60. I have a wife and kids which will mainly see these speeds, but with the boyz I will go faster of course which I heard HTM handles great.

Horsepowerchik
    Whats up El Jefe,
    You will get ALOT of mixed feelings about this topic. Most of its personal opinion. Alot of it is just talk and BS. Take it for that. My EDJA MA CATED opinion is that HTM's are perform beautifully if the operator is dialed in with the boat. Most of the experienced HTM owners I know can say that it handles like a brilliant sports car. Ive seen people get in that same boat and get the 20% of the ability of that boat (a potential buyer during a test run).
    Just Remember, the SR-24 is usually smaller than the boats its compared to, that makes a difference. A 24' cat wont ride the same as a 26 Cat.
    Also, The speed your mentioning is the most common speeds for cats to poroise. Commonly 45-60mph.
    The Best thing For you you to do is to try one for yourself. Call a friend, call HTM, or drive a used one for sale. You will INSTANTLY know wether that boats for you/your family.
    The HTM usually has alot of power in it. But I think an HTM a mellow 540 or somethin would be a great ride for you.
    HPCHIK
    [ October 01, 2002, 11:00 AM: Message edited by: Horsepowerchik ]

Horsepowerchik
    RiverDave:
    I'll keep my mouth shut for once. LOL
    RDAhhh, come on Dave, thats sooo not you!
    HPCHIK

Jordy
    Come on birthday boy, let 'er rip and tell us how you really feel... LOL
    Jordy

slowinhavasu
    come on Dave......he admitted it was driver error, not the boat.....PLEASE....
    If you drive one, you'll buy one....
    oh yea...happy b-day dave....c

Bad Puddy Tat
    El_Jefe
    I think HPChik summed it up best. I own an SS I will also say that I have never driven an SR so I can only speak from my personal experience with my boat.
    1. I have never experienced any porpoising at any speed.
    2. At Low speed until about 50 MPH the boat has a tendancy to break water at aprox the dirvers seat area. Dependant on how you are trimmed out this can induce a bit of wander but nothing to be concerned about.
    3. My boat will actually lean in to a turn if trimmed properly. If the trim is to set to High it will lean to the outside. All a part of being familiar with your boat.
    4. Don't know too much about the circumstances behind the rollover that RD refers to other than what I have read on the boards. Other than the driver did indicate that he was over trimmed.
    5. Like any Tunnel once you pack air this boat handles like it is on rails. I can routinely take any of the corners that the Parker Strip has to offer at regular cruising speeds 40-65MPH with no concerns on the boat's handling ability.
    Like yourself I use the boat for all types of recrfeation. I pull my kid's wake boarding 18-20MPH,Itake them tubing 25-30MPH I cruise with the boy's 100MPH+ eek!
    In any case I may be one sided in my opinions because I own one. But I think HTM builds one fine boat!!!

el_jefe
    Thanks to all for your responses, and I think I will look into a HTM SR24.
    I have a current 21 ft. boat, does anyone know the best way to seel quick. ie. boatbrokers, trade in. I would not want to have two boat payments by the time the SR 24 is done.

HTM Lady
    Htm's from my experiance ,handle like a dream at these speeds. I have never hesitated to put my 3 children in the boat. I have about 10 friends all with HTM's and all have children not one has ever felt it was unsafe for there family.
    My suggestion is call HTM, test ride in one and make your own decision.You will get alot of mixed feeling from the boards.

steve@kps
    WOW, you HTM employees were quick on that topic to respond...LOL........where ya'll been?
    I'd love to support you guys and buy some parts.
    But, since i didn't buy it new, i guess i don't deserve your brand name..LOL frown

HTM Lady
    Thanks RD . You'd think people knew that by now. I guess I should change my name.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast