Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Racing Rice Road

lavey in red
    Just a story to tell you guys. My wife and I were cruising down Rice road at about 2.30 A.M. on June 7 and came across a car load of kids that rolled a car end over end. All I can say is that it was carnage. They say they all lived but I still cant believe it. Next weekend were coming home on Rice and get stopped just before the Yucca turn off for a multiple fatality crash. Needless to say that I am done taking Rice road. To many idiots speeding and passing to risk my family for. The road through Blythe looks a lot better to me now. Slow it down guys and lets all get there to have some fun. One more thing, I was that idiot a few years ago speeding dowm Rice and was lucky enough not to have killed anybody. Have a good one.

WILDERTHANU54
    I WILL SAY THIS, I'VE GONE DOWN THAT ROAD MY WHOLE LIFE.DROVE IT BEFORE I WAS EVEN 16. SO MANY TIMES I CAN REMEMBER RIDING WITH MY FOLKS DOWN THAT ROAD AS A KID AT NIGHT, THEN COMING UP ON FLARES AND THE C.H.P. WITH EITHER A ROLL OVER OR A HEAD ON! ! EVEN TO THIS DAY I STILL SEE THE SAME THING GOING OUT THERE WITH MY FRIENDS! I HAVE DONE SOME REALLY STUPID THINGS IN MY LIFE. NEVER EVER HAVE I DRANK AND DROVE DOWN THAT ROAD!! THERE IS THE VIDAL CHECK POINT AS WELL ON THE BIG WEEKENDS, EVEN THOUGH I HAVENT SEEN IT IN A WHILE. TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH THOUGH, I DO HAUL ASS DOWN THAT ROAD WHEN I'M NOT TOWING. IF THAT CAR WAS A DAMN HONDA CIVIC, IT WAS A GRIL I KNOW, SHE HIT THE SHOULDER AND OVER CORRECTED LIKE MOST OF THEM DO!!!
    GEOFF
    [This message has been edited by WILDERTHANU54 (edited July 16, 2002).]
    [ July 25, 2002, 09:57 PM: Message edited by: WILDERTHANU54 ]

1quickjet
    Very Sad. Yet another casualty of Rice Road. Blythe has been my route of choice mainly since reading of the number of accidents associated with Rice Road.
    Welcome to the board, BTW. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif

nextasex
    which lavey do you own?? did i meet you at lavey a few weeks ago.
    frank

lavey in red
    I own a 21 XTSKI pump boat. Solid red w/grey stripe and interior. Haven't been to Lavey in while.

racingrascal
    We always take rice road, been going down rice road since I was a baby. All of the other routes take at least 20-30 minutes more to get to Parker. I haven't seen any accidents in years. I remember seeing them as a kid but since I have been going on a regular basis I haven't seen anything. I don't mine it that much, every now and a agian I will think what if, and then I role into Parker and think "see it wasn't so bad". I know there are accidents on that road, and during the summer months there is almost one every weekend. What are you going to do, it sucks but people drive like assholes sometimes. Or they don't know the road and come up on a turn at over a 100 in some small car that is not going to make it.
    Andy

kevnmcd
    lavey in red:
    Needless to say that I am done taking Rice road.But you will miss "Shoe Tree" frown
    [ July 18, 2002, 07:42 AM: Message edited by: kevnmcd ]

CJ
    I have been through with Rice Road after missing a head on by inches as I was behind the mobile home that hit an out of control Honda. I luckily saw some lights going a little weird and decided to slow. Even with that much notice, I couldn't stop in time with the trailer. I LUCKILY found an opening as a tire rolled in front of me like you see in movies. There was fire in my rear view as I left it all behind knowing I was the only one who was going to be able to call 911.
    I got to cell phone service 10 minutes later and was the first to report. Saw the emergency vehicles 10-15 minutes later. Not a good scene.
    Not worth the 20-30 minutes to me. I'll take another route.
    [ July 18, 2002, 08:06 AM: Message edited by: CJ ]

andy01
    CJ:
    I have been through with Rice Road after missing a head on by inches as I was behind the mobile home that hit an out of control Honda. I luckily saw some lights going a little weird and decided to slow. Even with that much notice, I couldn't stop in time with the trailer. I LUCKILY found an opening as a tire rolled in front of me like you see in movies. There was fire in my rear view as I left it all behind knowing I was the only one who was going to be able to call 911.
    I got to cell phone service 10 minutes later and was the first to report. Saw the emergency vehicles 10-15 minutes later. Not a good scene.
    Not worth the 20-30 minutes to me. I'll take another route.Wasn't that last year? I think I remember that.
    Andy

CJ
    Yes it was. Scared the shiz out of me! I've seen too many idiots driving that road, and I (and my wife) consider me a pretty fast driver.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast