Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Expected salary for Hot Boat ??

FASTECH
    Hi, I am new here but I need to know what is a good annual salary that a person should make to own a decent used(or new) sports boat, example:BAJA 302, DONZI 28ZX,FORMULA 312, OR PROFILE 29...all between the years of 94'-00'.. an info will be great, thanks.
    chris

Havasu Hangin'
    If you have to ask, forget it.
    BOAT= Bust Out Another Thousand

B-rad502
    Too many factors, like cost of living where you are, your family, and all of that stuff. Creative financing is key sometimes. You can probably get a great deal on a used boat. I would not be able to have a boat at all if I was paying for a home in California on my current salary. I only have a 24' boat!

FASTECH
    Well, I live in N.C., so things are cheaper here..also, I have no kids, nor house, just a town house for now..The job I will be getting which will be 3d animation or web design, usually runs for the average salary around $50-70,000 startin out..with that salary, would that be an ok number to afford one of the above boats..also once i get married my wife will be in animation or web design as well since we are doing the same thing..so i have to put that in as a factor. well if anyone makes that type of annual salary or around that and owns a sports boat write back....thanks

ponponracing
    Weird question. No doubt in my mind that Fastech is a bank manager looking to know if that new customer or his can afford to spend that much money on a boat.
    Chris, why don't you give this guy a break? If he needs cash for a boat, this guy is someone you should invest on, he's a serious person (right guys?). And if you give him a break, he'll take you for a ride....

FASTECH
    Bankmanager? thats funny, I am still in school, I graduate in about a year ..also I said I was an animator/web designer..that doesn't sound to much like a bankmanager. I don't care if the question is weird, I'm just curious to see what salary I should be making to afford a $60,000-80,000 hot boat ...doesn't sound to weird to me..thankyou for the concern ,though.

superdave013
    It's give and take buddy. I raced blown gas flatbottom on a very small income. Man was I starving. Now I make three times as much and am still held up for parts due to lack of money. I'm building a really bitchin boat and will be towing it with an old truck. You can do what you want on a low budget. You just can't do it all as quick as some one else. Paycheck to part is how I have lived for a long time!

Havasu Hangin'
    It's called "priorities."

ponponracing
    Right On, Havasu!

spectras only
    Fastech, start with an 18 foot boat and upgrade every so often when the urge comes,hehe.Size is always an issue regardless how much money you make!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast