Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elsinore

Buff
    Where is the best place at Lake Elsinore to drive your boat up to and spend the day? Are there any sandy beaches, shade? And what is the best place to launch?
    Thanks for any info. Buf.

CMABadseed
    my experience, West marina is the best place to launch. there is also a some decent beaches right there outside the dock area on the right side. also really nice beach area in the back of the lake in "coors light cove".

SandbarScot
    Launch at Elsinore Marina (formerly Elsinore West) or Lake Elsinore Recreation Area...both are on Riverside Drive. Beach it in the small cove on the East end of the lake..little hard to find. Beach is good..no shade trees though.

dmontzsta
    Is west marina the place with the BIG POS Boat? we usually take that little path along side that thing and go way out to the shore, damn near the no wake booeys.

Hal
    Anybody going to the cove this weekend?

RiverToysJas
    CMABadseed:
    my experience, West marina is the best place to launch. You must have never used the city ramp (just past Jack in the Box)! It's way better, and cheaper. The channel is dredged all the way out 7-9' too.
    RTJas

77charger
    RiverToysJas:
    CMABadseed:
    my experience, West marina is the best place to launch. You must have never used the city ramp (just past Jack in the Box)! It's way better, and cheaper. The channel is dredged all the way out 7-9' too.
    RTJas i wonder how you found out about that one? .I think that is the best ramp there.definitely i/o safe.

SandbarScot
    Channel is better at LERA (closer to Jack-in-th-Box) but you drive on dirt a ways. You can stay on pavement or concrete the whole time at Elsinore West, except most of their parking is also in the dirt.
    Dmontzsta..yes that is Elsinore Marina (also called Elsinore West) where the "Elsinore Princess" is moored. They have wanted to restore that huge 1928 glass bottom catalina touring boat for several years, but costs are too high.

RiverToysJas
    SandbarScot:
    ....where the "Elsinore Princess" is moored. They have wanted to restore that huge 1928 glass bottom catalina touring boat for several years, but costs are too high. A glass bottom boat on a lake with water clearity so poor you can barely see your feet when it's ankle deep! No wonder there's no big rush to restore the glass bottom boat.
    RTJas

Buff
    Thanks for the Elsinore info. One more thing though - can you legally drink there? If you have a designated sober slob driving can you still have alcohol in the boat? Sorry about all the questions but it's no fun at Perris anymore - truth is our little group is boring when we are drinking - when we are sober we are boring squared!
    thanks for the responds - Buff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast