Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AMT/Dominator impeller vs. Standard Berk.

Flip
    Ok so, as I understand it the the American Turbine/Dominator impellers have that extra ridge on it that goes in to the bowl to prevent cavation. Is that right?
    I have an AMT bowl and I'm looking at buying a Berk A impeller. I was just wondering if it'll be worth holding out for an AMT/Dominator style impeller or not. Maybe this question is more along the lines of the stuffer vs. no stuffer?

kachina22.5
    Stick with the dominator impellar they are bigger will load more water.

Taylorman
    The AMT impeller has a ridge on the back that acts like a stuffer. You must have an AMT bowl that accepts this impeller.

desrtrat256
    my american turbine is being rebuilt by a guy in fallbrook ca right now and he switched the impeller from the origanal amt to a berk. saying it was more efficient. so is this a matter of opinion or is there facts to back any of this up. im gonna be pissed if the amt impeller is better.

centerhill condor
    amt/dominator claims on their website to be the most efficient... presumably for a reason? and how much more efficient could it be?

kachina22.5
    I would stick with the original impellar,in my opion it load more, have him show you both styles of impellars and you will see the diff. Consult more people on this matter.

desrtrat256
    ya i should have got more opinions and facts, i figured the guy has building pumps forever he would know, but once again lesson learned the hard way.

El Prosecutor
    my american turbine is being rebuilt by a guy in fallbrook ca right now and he switched the impeller from the origanal amt to a berk. saying it was more efficient. so is this a matter of opinion or is there facts to back any of this up. im gonna be pissed if the amt impeller is better.
    Giving the guy the benefit of the doubt, maybe he was talking about replacing the AMT with a Berkeley impeller that was cut to a more efficient size for your needs than whatever you were running.

4604me
    hate to barge in here, I just rebuilt my j.c. pump and went from a berk, A, to a A.T. A, impeller. looking at them side by side there is a noticable differance in the vain size, front and back,the A.T. look much bigger like it will flow more water.I haven't had it in the water yet so I don't know what to expect. I'm sure my RPMs will drop,but I'm I going to lose top end, has anybody done this and noticed a differance thanks.

Squirtin Thunder
    The best impeller is one detailed at MPD in Costa Masa by Jack McClure. I really think he has proven to do the best work to an impeller by far. I install Berk impellers in most all my customers pumps. But that does not mean they are better than a ATJ or an Aggessor or a Legand or a XYZ. Some impellers work better in different applications than others.
    Good Luck !!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast