Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Boat lenth limit for Parker

BGMAN203
    Well the rumor is that the Havasu Marina is frowning on having boats over 36' launch at the marina. This brings me to the question....and input from my fellow boaters. Should Parker limit the size of boats they allow to run along the river? I am sure many of you know that the Parker Strip gets "Chunkier" every year. Being a guy who has a flattie I wouldn't mind if they would put a limit on Parker and let the "Big Boats" run on the "Big Lake" like Havasu. Don't get me wrong I have no problem with the larger boats....for the most part they are some of the more safe boaters out on the water, but how big is too big? It seems like every year the boats get bigger and bigger. It seems like to me it would make more sense to limit the lenth and size of the boats that run at Parker than limiting the size of boat that can run on Havasu.
    What do you guys think?

eliminator777
    The marina in Havasu is run buy a bunch of greedy money grubbing A@#$#@$ .Really big boats don't belong at Parker. Most don't go but this is America man We have the right to choose!!!!!!!
    Just like you.This is AZ. man not CA. with all their stupid rules,What we need is,Rules, how long a boat can be,How loud , Which direction you can travel,what time you can start your boat,Speed limit, if we get enough rules whats the point of coming to Parker or Havasu You can stay in CA The rules will be the same.It's your RIGHT to choose!!!!!!! He who uses his head Dosn't sink his boat.

Boatcop
    What we need is,Rules, how long a boat can be,How loud , Which direction you can travel,what time you can start your boat,Speed limit. We have the right to choose!!!!!!! Your right to choose ends when it infringes on the law and creates a danger or nuisance to others.
    Loud boats disturb others' peace and can be harmful to hearing.
    What "time" you can start your boat doesn't matter, as long as the exhaust and mufflers are legal and don't create excess noise.
    Direction of travel is set by Federal Navigation rules, and those who don't follow it create a hazard and cause accidents.
    Excessively long boats create a substantial wake, hazarding smaller vessels, and when parked in narrow places (like the channel} can impede normal navigation.
    Everyone screasm about "their" rights, while completely ignoring the rights of others.
    It's all about respect and courtesy. Some take this into consideration when boating in someone elses back yard, but many don't. Those who don't are the ones who are making it necessary to place restrictions on all.

Charley
    and a 21' V makes a bigger wake then a 30' cat... I know rules are important but this subject is so subjective... kinda like the noise ordinance....certain amount of feet away blah blah blah ... what about the ambient noise from other boats in the vicinity?? I put mufflers on my boat cause I like the quiet/sleeper type wink butit sure seems like our rights as Americans seem to be diminishing... wanna put a camera in everyones house? NO but if this keeps up in 30 years it might be the Norm frown

Havasu Hangin'
    Trouble at Parker? Shocking!
    How long are those wakeboard boats?

Havasu Cig
    I have not been to Parker for years but I hear the wake problems in large part come from Wake boarding boats.
    I would never take my current boat to Parker, but I also think that when you create more laws it can get to the point where it is just not worth it anymore.
    I had this discussion with mo other 1/2 after the Marina incident. We decided that when it gets to the point that the River / Lake is not as much fun anymore because of regulations we will sell our house and find another place to play.
    The people out there need to know what brings in the money. Take away boating and the towns will fall apart.

Just4Fun
    I don’t really have a problem with the length of boats at Parker. Most of the big, big boats that go there do it one time and go back to Havasu. I don’t mind 99.9% of the boats that don’t use mufflers. I like listening to them even though I run through exhaust. But I do hate the guy that runs his at 5:30 AM at Rio across from the Sheriff/Fire station. He runs 5” exhaust stacks off on it and is louder than F##K!! He races himself up and down right in front of Rio. It’s like getting drunk the night before and your friends sneak you into the pits at the drag races and someone cranks up a top fuel blown drag right by your head while you were still asleep. He’s done by 6:15AM and never puts it back in until the next morning. Of course he only goes out on the weekends. I hate that A-HOLE. burningm I should have some kind of right on this one. Just my $.02 though.

68campbell
    As a home owner with a dock on the Parker strip and a flatty, I don't think size is the issue, I think IQ is the issue. When the big boat owners know what they are doing there is no problem. My dock and boat gets more damage from the wake board boats doing 15 mph 5 feet off the end of my dock. An IQ test on the launch ramp would solve the problem.
    P.S. I still hate the noise restrictions

mbrown2
    The Wakeboard boats throw much bigger wakes. Also, since Parker is shallow in spots in pretty much natually eliminates most boats over 35'. I know a couple that are bigger, but they are also very savvy owners, but I know 21' owners that are afraid to bring their boats down.
    No disrepect to Jet4Fun since I do respect your opinion, but as for the flatty that wakes up to do speed runs at 05:30, I would wear ear plugs. When I first started going to the river in 78, they were the only boats out there, and they would make passes in the morning and afternoon, and when the bars closed. Now with the bigger boats churning up the river, they have to come out at dawn only to make passes....There is nothing better at bringing the morning wood then Flat's and Hydros making passes on the river.

Ed Arnold
    "You don't want to bite the hand that feeds you." That's a phase that Havasu needs to live by. Just look at what the main industry is in Havasu. BOATS!!! Last week the with the poker run you had a hard time finding a room. As soon as they start enforcing "RULES & REG" for no good reason, people will go eles where. You think that the city councle would cater to our industry, but they don't. They fight us every step of the way. The latest is parking restrictions at Windsor Beach. If you are over 55ft in lenght, you need to park in over-flow. That's not to bad, but if you are over 65ft which is the legal lenght limit for on road tractor/trailer combination, they not only will turn you away but have the authority to write a citation. Alot of us are approching that 65ft limit with a 4-door pick-up and a 30ft boat. I know that safty plays a role in this, but the bottom line is the bottom line. Start enforcing B.S. rules and you might as well drain the lake! And thats my one thought for the month. Ed

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast