Thread: How to get to Cottonwood?

Mike Sonntag
    How should I go to cottonwood? (laughlin) How many miles is it if I launch my boat at kathrines?

hboldno7
    where are you staying?

THATJEFFGUY
    Good question ! I always stay in Laughlin and launch at Katherine Landing and have been pretty far up the lake...so where is Cottonwood Cove..how far ?? I know about 20 miles up the lake gets pretty empty out there...I never see any boaters. Is it worth the trip to Cottonwood ??

burtandnancy
    To miss all the traffic, lines, parking, fees, hassles, launch at Willow Beach and boat DOWN to cottonwood. Its approximately 1/2 way between Willow and Katherine, but a fantastic trip thru the canyons. Although there is nothing left at Willow Beach except the launch ramp, dock and great parking, you'll rarely see another boat...

Just4Fun
    A group of people are going to drive up and launch at Cottonwood that are staying in Laughlin on Saturday morning. It’s about an hours drive by car from Laughlin. You might check out www.lasvegas***boats.com .

B-rad502
    Just4Fun:
    A group of people are going to drive up and launch at Cottonwood that are staying in Laughlin on Saturday morning. It’s about an hours drive by car from Laughlin. You might check out www.lasvegas***boats.com . Yep, what he said!!

RiverForUs
    Cottonwood is about 20-21 miles from Katherine's just where the basin closes back up. It can get quite choppy across tha basin if the wind is kicking. I've been in 3-4' chop in my old Commander 19' closed deck and punched the bow thru several rollers. Did it last year in a 23' Caliber 1 open bow as well.
    If you're not too sure about making the trip across the lake (due to chop, fuel efficiency, etc.), I'd trailer it up there and launch.

Reddy Too
    burtandnancy, is there still a gas dock at Willow or is that gone as well?

burtandnancy
    Reddy Too, yes the gas dock was still there and open at the end of last summer. The general store may also be open.
    Don't tell to many people about this...