Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MONSTER GARAGE

Johnwithjm
    I was at the LA boat show with John West from Ultra and John took me over to Long Beach to the set of Monster Garage and got to watch them shooting. Got to see the PT cruser and the swamp bug and a few other projects that were going on. John also took me over to West Coast Choppers and I got to meet Jesse James. Jesse is a very cool guy. He makes some of the most bad ass bikes I have ever seen. Thanks again to John

Jordy
    John, you're back. We missed you bud. Sounds like a good time though.

MANIC MECHANIC
    You know John West and get to meet Jesse James too? Some guys have all the luck! I, too admire the BADASS bikes that Jesse builds. But am I the only one out here that thinks that the Monster Garage is an incredible waste of time for such a skilled fabricator? The projects that they build are totally useless and probably are scrapped as soon as filming is over, as compared to the bikes that he builds that will be around for generations to come. Jesse must be having fun and being paid well for it, or he wouldn't be doing it and more power to him! But I'm really pissed at the Discovery channel!! burningm What, they were sitting around one day and someone says " I really like this Jesse James, he builds some beautiful bikes. Lets see if we can't coaxe him away from meaningfull work and get him to biuld bulls**t"? OH YEAH... Tim

Hallett19
    John, it was good to put another face to a name!What was the totall tally on boats sold at the show ? I hope you guys did good. And I really like the new Ultra deck boat, sweet design, great rigging and clean engine compartment, good job.
    [ February 23, 2003, 09:11 PM: Message edited by: Hallett19 ]

Jordy
    Hey MM, don't sugarcoat it, tell us how you really feel about the deal...

Johnwithjm
    Hallett19:
    John, it was good to put another face to a name!What was the totall tally on boats sold at the show ? I hope you guys did good. And I really like the new Ultra deck boat, sweet design, great rigging and clean engine compartment, good job. Hallet19 it was nice to meet you also. I don`t know how many boats were sold I left early. But the booth was very busy through the whole show. I know that it was one of the best shows that they have had.

Johnwithjm
    MANIC MECHANIC:
    You know John West and get to meet Jesse James too? Some guys have all the luck! I, too admire the BADASS bikes that Jesse builds. But am I the only one out here that thinks that the Monster Garage is an incredible waste of time for such a skilled fabricator? The projects that they build are totally useless and probably are scrapped as soon as filming is over, as compared to the bikes that he builds that will be around for generations to come. Jesse must be having fun and being paid well for it, or he wouldn't be doing it and more power to him! But I'm really pissed at the Discovery channel!! burningm What, they were sitting around one day and someone says " I really like this Jesse James, he builds some beautiful bikes. Lets see if we can't coaxe him away from meaningfull work and get him to biuld bulls**t"? OH YEAH... Tim Well like I said I had a great time and thought it was very cool but hey to each his own.

HighRoller
    I agree about MG being a waste of Jesse's talent.If you watched him form a complex curved gas tank for a bike on an english wheel out of thin guage mild steel you'd realize this guy is an incredible artist.The projects they build could be built by anyone with a cutting torch,chop saw,welder and Krylon.They need to have the guys at his shop whip up some one off parts for the MG projects then auction the vehicle online to benefit charity.

mbrown2
    Its not like the guy is slaving away there for that show...it has been said before on the board, he spends very little time on the set only stops by each day to oversee the projects...
    [ February 23, 2003, 10:36 PM: Message edited by: mbrown2 ]

Chaddyshack
    Yea I guess your right... any man with a torch and welder and some krylon could do that in 5 days easily. C'mon folks... those of us that have these sort of tools can appreciate the man's skills and talents. Jesse is able to show his "true" craftsmanship with his products and not the show stuff. I'm sure that any one of us that was even considered good enough would love to be on the show and be able to prove what he/she can do with tools and an imagination. I understand the show is for "beginners" but, unless you have a better idea for the Discovery I don't think they are going to change a thing!!
    My .02.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast