Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone checked out BoatUS Insurance??

al cole'holic
    I just got a mailing from them so I decided on Saturday to bust into the site and submit a quote request. Well this morning when I got in there was a qote waiting for me in my email at 8:30 and I was really impressed with the quote for what the policy was covering...anyone gone through them before or have a policy with em??

TrojanDan
    My bro and I have been insured with them for the past 8 years. We now insure our 2002 29' Magic for about $1300 a year thru them. We got boned on this first year because it was consider a "hi-performance boat". We should see a 30% drop in rate for the second year (next year).
    We've only filed one claim with them (about 7 years ago) for about $1300 and they were quick and easy to deal with.
    We also used BoatUS to finance our boat at 6.49%

1ASKYDV
    They refused to insure my new deck boat...said it too high performance. frown

al cole'holic
    TrojanDan:
    ..We got boned on this first year because it was consider a "hi-performance boat". We should see a 30% drop in rate for the second year (next year).
    We've only filed one claim with them (about 7 years ago) for about $1300 and they were quick and easy to deal with.
    We also used BoatUS to finance our boat at 6.49% ..what is the reason for the 30% drop for the second year??

al cole'holic
    1ASKYDV:
    They refused to insure my new deck boat...said it too high performance. I put in the quote that it was only 300hp and 55mph, but it was the "agreed" value to premium price that was nice...

TrojanDan
    BoatUS has an affiliate insurance that insures "Hi-Perf" class boats. My last boat was only 20' so I guess they figured it was too big of a jump in boat size to keep me insured under their normal policy. I was honest about all my speed and horsepower claims. I didn't want to lie or under-insure.
    After one-year, BoatUS will re-evaluate my policy to check for claims. If I do not have any claims, they will insure me back under their normal BoatUS insurance, thus seeing the rate drop. Either way, BoatUS still handles all the payments and paperwork.

BoatPI
    I perform some work for this company. They are very easy to deal with.
    But understand that you need to represent you boat correctly, including any engine modification that will increase HP (blower is one of them). Failure to do so, as with any insurance company, is considered a "material misrepresentation". This violation is grounds for a denial of any claim!!!!
    Be fair and accurate, their pricing is excellent.

Cole
    anyone have a phone # for them?? anyone tried a high performance cat yet???? Cole

TrojanDan
    Cole:
    anyone have a phone # for them?? anyone tried a high performance cat yet???? Cole The number for Marine Quotes is 800-283-2883. You will be referred to their affiliate insurer program (part of BoatUS also) that deals with hi-performance and high dollar boats.
    [ February 26, 2003, 11:21 AM: Message edited by: TrojanDan ]

Kilrtoy
    Hey TROJANDAN,
    Looks like you are having spelling issues also(insurer), just had to get you back for the last one. argue

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast