Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: CLEARLAKE

SANGERBRU
    This is the best unfound speed lake in the west,any input? It's warm,due to shallow conditions,(and algae(due to warm water),but if you know where to go its awesome!

ps555
    GREW UP GOING TO CLEARLAKE. mY FAMILY RACED BOATS UP THERE WHEN SKI RACING WAS IN

Cas
    just don't wear white swimming attire when you jump in unless of course you won't mind them turning green
    I'm actually debating on having a get together up there on Labor Day weekend. The Doobie Bros. and Foreigner are playing at Konocti on Sat night. It would be kind of cool to "Listen to the Music" while floating in your boat.

Cas
    and Chris Isaak on Sunday with fireworks after the show.

Heatseeker
    Don't forget the afternoon winds!
    I spent a lot of time at Clearlake in the 80's. Saw a buddy's boat get tore up real bad tied up in his slip. The winds came up, along with some two foot swells. The boat broke loose and the rest was history.
    We used to go to a bar in Lakeport called "Infrognitos". What a place!!!
    [ August 07, 2002, 01:51 AM: Message edited by: Heatseeker ]

HAVASU DCB
    CLEAR LAKE ROCKS. I WENT THERE FOR A WEEK LAST FORTH OF JULY (2001) WITH MY BUDDY THAT HAD BEEN GOING THERE FOREVER. GREAT LAKE TO GO FAST. NOT A LOT OF TRAFFIC.

snickers5422
    Well, I'm a little prejudiced because I live here. There are several places to escape the afternoon winds once you get familiar with the lake's geography. The algae this year has been less than I've ever seen it and, it blooms only once a year. As a matter of fact, we're having to remove the grasses that have grown due to clearer water conditions over the past 10 years. So long as you stay away from the shore and use your mufflers and your head the sheriffs usually leave you alone. If you're not running mufflers then I suggest launching at the County Park in Kelseyville. Of course the same holds true about being noisy close to shore. Lakeport, Lucerne, Clearlake and Konocti have their "resident" sheriffs lurking here and there. They still hold 2 to 3 ski races every year. We did that for about six years but now enjoy drag racing at Camp Far West. Hope to see some of you out there. We have a 17' orange, red and yellow jet named Clockwork Orange.
    Sheryl---Boat 725

Wet Dream
    I spent more summers at Clear Lake than I can remember. It can't be beat. Konocti was awesome, used to be a really hot spot in the 80's for adults (entertainment) and kids too. My grandparents had a summer trailer south of Konocti in what I think was Richards something or other. Watch out for the poison oak.

Heatseeker
    I had alot of fun up there back in the day. My buddy had a trailer at Ford acres(I think that's what it was called), right on the lake. We weren't far from Konocti. Konocti was the bomb back then. They had Sunday brunch with a champange fountain. You know we got our $$$'s worth!

cal***boat
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/DCP_0070.JPG[/img]
    BUCKINGHAM GOLF COURSE LAUNCH RAMP
    CLEARLAKE IS A GREAT PLACE BUT THE LAKE CAN GET REALLY ROUGH AT TIMES.
    I LIVE IN THE BUCKINGHAM GOLF COURSE AREA WHICH IS ABOUT A 1/2 MILE FROM KONOTCI HARBOR INN AND WE HAVE ALOT OF FUN OUT ON THE LAKE.
    WE HAVE OUR HOT BOAT WHICH IS IN THE ABOVE PICTURE AND ALSO HAVE A 20ft GLASTRON BOWRIDER FOR THE DAYS WHEN THE LAKE IS ROUGH OR IF WE JUST WANT TO GO OUT AND KICK BACK AND ENJOY THE SUN AND THE MANY BARS ON THE SHORES OF CLEARLAKE.
    WE HAVE HAD OUR RUN IN`S WITH THE LOCAL LAKE COPS IN THE PAST BUT IF YOU KEEP YOUR HEAD STRAIGHT AND DONT ACT LIKE AN ASS OUT ON THE WATER THEY WILL LEAVE YOU ALONE MOST OF THE TIME.
    THE BEST PLACE TO LAUNCH IS THE COUNTY PARK IN KELSEYVILLE IF YOU HAVE A HOT BOAT THAT IS LOUD, BUT DONT GET ON IT TO CLOSE TO THE SHORE OR THEY WILL BE ON YOU REAL QUICK.
    I LAUNCH AT BUCKINGHAM WHICH IS A PRIVATE LAUNCH RAMP AT THE GOLF COURSE AND IS ONLY 50 YARDS FROM MY DRIVEWAY WHICH MAKES IT REAL NICE.
    IF ANYONE OUT THERE IS LOOKING TO BUY A HOT BOAT I`AM SELLING THE CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE TUNNEL IN THE ABOVE PICTURE FOR $12,000 TURNKEY OR $6,500 LESS THE ENGINE.
    dlakatos@mchsi.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast