Thread: lake oroville????

NorCal Gameshow
    how is it for boating,camping???

jet4fun
    nice place for boating, i used to live 10 minutes away on the paradise side(lime saddle marina)and use it often... personally i would launch out of bidwell marina on the oroville side(opposite side of lake)and travel under the green bridge, I.M.O. that branch is the nicest on the lake(not that the lime saddle side isnt nice).... i believe that bidwell marina has campgrounds too(i know for a fact that lime saddle has a brand spankin new campground with full hookups, but you have to drive to get to the marina). if i'm not mistaken there are also floating barges that you can rent too (like a houseboat, but permanently anchored)... of course for the ultimate you should rent a houseboat...
    try these links: bidwell marina oroville lime saddle marina

Robbie Racer
    As jet4fun said, it's a nice place for boating. We like to camp at the Loafer Creek campground just across from the Bidwell marina. If you have a motor home, Bidwell is better because it has hookups. But if you don't need hookups, Loafer Creek has better shade. Both Bidwell and Loafer have their own launch ramps. They have been letting a lot of water out of that lake the last few years, so try and go early in the season as it gets quite low later in the season. R/R

HCS
    What about the floating camp sites? Anyone check those out?

GlastronGuy
    I've never stayed on one but I have tied up to and checked one out. There are nice, I'd stay on one. The one I was on (I assume they are all the same) had two levels. An open area upstairs where you could sleep under the stars and the lower level had a cooking type area, table and a toilet.

HCS
    GlastronGuy:
    I've never stayed on one but I have tied up to and checked one out. There are nice, I'd stay on one. The one I was on (I assume they are all the same) had two levels. An open area upstairs where you could sleep under the stars and the lower level had a cooking type area, table and a toilet. Sounds like it would be good for a weekend. I'm going to have to check those out. The thing I like is no dirt. I got a hot shower hook up on my boat, so I would be all set.