Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: All round performer - do you have one??

GUGS102
    All this discussion about stright line performance can be somewhat boring to those of us who have less than stellar top speed performance. I was thinking how fun it would be to set a slalom course with a 180 and a staight run back to the line.
    That way you could have a 21' crusier and have a shot at the win. I was thinking 5-7 ski balls, spacing to be determined, for a length of 1/8 mile. The last bouy would ba a 180 and then back to the start/finish line. Winner based on time and possible handicap for top speed performance.
    The idea we have used in other racing types, mainly at the dunes. We grabbed a couple of the kids 110cc bikes put up a couple of corners and let the bar bangging begin. Had more fun than the wide open rides through the dunes.
    Just a thought, but I think if someone has a set of ski balls, we should take a look at an informal fun run.
    What do you guys think????
    Gugs

NautiTwins
    All this discussion about stright line performance can be somewhat boring to those of us who have less than stellar top speed performance. I was thinking how fun it would be to set a slalom course with a 180 and a staight run back to the line.
    That way you could have a 21' crusier and have a shot at the win. I was thinking 5-7 ski balls, spacing to be determined, for a length of 1/8 mile. The last bouy would ba a 180 and then back to the start/finish line. Winner based on time and possible handicap for top speed performance.
    The idea we have used in other racing types, mainly at the dunes. We grabbed a couple of the kids 110cc bikes put up a couple of corners and let the bar bangging begin. Had more fun than the wide open rides through the dunes.
    Just a thought, but I think if someone has a set of ski balls, we should take a look at an informal fun run.
    What do you guys think????
    Gugs
    I think my tow boat would win!! LOL it's a 21'5

GUGS102
    That's the point!! I've ridden in many fast boats that turn like a 747.

NautiTwins
    That's the point!! I've ridden in many fast boats that turn like a 747.
    She only tops out at 47, but turns like a mother #@$$%.
    I got bouys

GUGS102
    I got bouys
    Now we are talking!! Now to find somewhere to run before the season starts.
    Maybe the skier stays straight and the boat goes through the course? Now that would be something to watch!!

NautiTwins
    Now we are talking!! Now to find somewhere to run before the season starts.
    Maybe the skier stays straight and the boat goes through the course? Now that would be something to watch!!
    Canyon Lake is nice this time of year. Just find me a skier, so I can drive, that sounds like fun.

desrtrat256
    that sounds like fun, i would love to make a pass or two, probably a good teaching aid for the less experienced boaters. name the place and time

Aluminum Squirt
    Are those of us running jet sprint boats gonna get handicapped???? :boxed: . If not, I'm in, that's way wider than a track dug by a back ho and a bulldozer. We'll show you what turning is-Aluminum Squirt

El Prosecutor
    Are those of us running jet sprint boats gonna get handicapped???? :boxed: . If not, I'm in, that's way wider than a track dug by a back ho and a bulldozer. We'll show you what turning is-Aluminum Squirt
    My money's on Aluminum Squirt in this race. . .hope I can be there, sounds like a great idea!

GUGS102
    We'll just remove a plug wire or two...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast