Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 455 to small block chevy

gochappy
    anybody have parts and adapters laying around to change from a 455 to small block?

Moneypitt
    Fix the Olds...........A lot less work and expense, and a SBC won't put out the torque in a jet RPM range..............MP

Keyser
    Why would you want to go smaller?

El Prosecutor
    Behold a pale horse, the man upon him was Death, and Hell followed with him
    Interesting sig line - taken from Revelation 6:7-8a "Then when the Lamb opened the fourth seal I heard the voice of the fourth living creature saying, “Come!” So I looked and here came a pale green horse! The name of the one who rode it was Death, and Hades followed right behind."
    Then, after the remaining seals of judgment have been opened, in the next chapter it says:
    "After these things I looked, and here was an enormous crowd that no one could count, made up of persons from every nation, tribe, people, and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb dressed in long white robes, and with palm branches in their hands. They were shouting out in a loud voice, “Salvation belongs to our God, to the one seated on the throne, and to the Lamb!” Rev. 7:9-10
    So the Lamb who will execute judgment on the world has also provided a way of escape: "Behold, the Lamb of God, Who takes away the sin of the world" (John 1:29)
    And THAT is something even better than jet boats.
    Sorry for the hijack. . .

bradbigsley
    wtf....... im having bad flashbacks again.. :argue:

Keyser
    Ok, I was just quoting Johnny Ringo from Tombstone but.......
    :sqeyes:
    I guess that could count as better than jet boats.
    Now back to our regularly scheduled programing....... :boxingguy :hammerhea :argue:

El Prosecutor
    Ok, I was just quoting Johnny Ringo from Tombstone but.......
    :sqeyes:
    :boxed: THAT was funny.

Floored
    I guess this mouse just didn't know any better http://chevyhiperformance.com/techar.../148_0306_406/

mrossum
    Fix the Olds...........A lot less work and expense, and a SBC won't put out the torque in a jet RPM range..............MP
    i don't want to start a flame war, but i am tickled pink with my small block chevy. according to my desktop dyno, it is in the 325/350 hp range, with 300+ ft/lbs torque from just off idle through 5500 rpm. plenty good enough for 60 mph or so in my 18 ft flatbottom. couldn't ask for a better torque curve in the useable range. plus, it's WAY cheaper to maintain and repair. definately not a race boat or motor, but plenty good enough for all the fun i can enjoy with the wife and kids. just my $.02 worth.

Moneypitt
    i don't want to start a flame war, but i am tickled pink with my small block chevy. according to my desktop dyno, it is in the 325/350 hp range, with 300+ ft/lbs torque from just off idle through 5500 rpm. plenty good enough for 60 mph or so in my 18 ft flatbottom. couldn't ask for a better torque curve in the useable range. plus, it's WAY cheaper to maintain and repair. definately not a race boat or motor, but plenty good enough for all the fun i can enjoy with the wife and kids. just my $.02 worth.
    Is it turning a jet, or a prop????????

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast