Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Castaic Lake

24RODjr
    The RODs, Playtime and Syke-OOOOOOOH went to castaic for the first time last weekend. Just wanted to say, great lake! We had a blast in the big cove, hanging with all the peeps.
    Look for us out there next summer, 21' Cheetah, 24' HTM and 24' Cheetah, chillin'
    Hope to see you all there!
    -Chris

JetBoatRich
    I don't like that lake, I know the cops are doing their job. But when they sneak up on people on the shore to try and bust them for anything and 35 MPH just getting going. Really no shorline to hang at except the cove up north. I could go on but that lake is not worth it.

JetBoatRich
    One other thing, the water looks terrible, dark brown you can't see 6" into the water?

24RODjr
    As opposed to elsenore...1" at most

Hallett19
    Hey rich, do you like pyramid any better? I like the water more and there are more beaches. I personally guage lakes on how easy it is to drive there and how easy it is to launch. Pyramid is a better lake, but it is further away and the parking lot is a little more difficult to navigate, but both good lakes considering they are 45 min away from anywhere in west LA county.

JetBoatRich
    If you can get on Pyramid, it is easy to find a place to hang out. The back way for me is only 40 minute drive. The answer; Iwould take Pyramid over Castaic any day. I agree the ramp area needs work, probably tough with a RV, just need to pay more attention.

DickDanger
    IMHO, Castaic sucks. I will never go there again, especially after the undercover cops in the blue Hallet scenario. Too many rules, too many cops, too many smart ass "lifeguards"...need I say more? Glad SOMEONE was able to have a good time there. But why not make the extra 15 min drive, and go to Pyramid? Much better time there. -DD Out

Catfever
    Right on LakeCop,keep up the good job and lifeguards you guys do a great job,Much love for you bros!!!!!.If you Don'T like the lake then use your American Right.

24ROD
    The best thing about the lake is that the lake lice are confined to the one are. Also the fact that it's close. And alot cleaner than Smellsomemore.

JetBoatRich
    I don't know about clean, you can't see 6" deep, did you see the crap floating by the shores and the water is brown?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast