Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ice Makers in Havasu, tired of high bag cost?

BoatPI
    I got tired of paying $1.50 a bag plus the travel time. Last July 4th I went through 100 pounds during a pool party, for about $1 in electricity!
    So as a former refrig tech, I aquired several clean units in LA recently and lugged them to Havasu.
    1. A 85 pound per day Ice-O-Matic. Used by me for past year. External on/off switch. A cuber, plastic intergrated bin painted black with 90# bin. $300.00.
    2. Four-year-old Crystal Tips (domed shaped 2"ice) maker. This unit is stainless steel and produces 200 pounds per day!!! Has a SS 240 pound bin. Model 200NR.
    Both work off of 110 volts and need a 1/2' drain access. I ran a hole through the wall in my house draining it to plants. This unit has a new evap. and works perfect. Fast production, I expect 50 pounds in a few hours. Sells for $2,500 new.
    Sell for $600. Looks near new.
    Interested, acknowledge on board. I will be in town over the 11/12 weekend.

Eric455
    hey buddy i sent you a PM please check.
    thanx
    eric

BoatPI
    Small machines generally go out due to faulty compressors. U-Lines are best. But a new compressor is EXPENSIVE. Small makers do not have a fan cooling the compressor and heat takes over with age.
    I do not have a pix of first one. It is 23" wide and about 32" tall. Plexiglass bin door is a little sticky but unit looks nice with new paint and stainless steel screws. These are commercial ice machines. I am not aware of any used machine sales within 150 miles of Havasu, so there are no pickings . Sort of got these for friends, not a money maker. Will be in Havasu the 10/12 of January. Anyone can call than at 854-1252.

Licketty Split
    I here ya, As a Refer.

BoatPI
    LAST CALL ON THE BOARDS.
    Come summer y'all will be making ice runs, like I used to. Price goes up in next weeks White Sheet. I know NO ONE in Havasu has used clean machines for sale. Send me a message to discuss as I will honor the "board" price next week. if you send a message
    Stay cool, KJ

IFINE
    Give me a call I'm interested in the bigger machine. I also have a place in Havasu but just got back and can't make it up the 11/12 but call my cell 909-830-5869
    Thanks

mbrown2
    Boat PI, I am interested in the smaller unit...is it still available? What is the model number and how old is it? I will be up Parker/Havasu this coming weekend, and would like to take a look at it...I will shoot you a PM with my contact info.

BoatPI
    Got the message from you both. Smaller Ice unit is about 8 years old, a real workhorge. It is converted with external on/off switch and very clean. In Folsom teaching next 2 days, will call u both and see ya this weekend.

DARE2BBARE
    do you still have the ice machines?

mbrown2
    Only the big one, I purchased the smaller one this weekend....Thx again Keith, and nice place.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast