Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stopped by the CHP fri. 8/22 for speeding.

little rowe boat
    Was enroute to Havasu last fri. and was pulled over by a CHP officer in a white camaro for towing at 68 mph. He told me to slow it down and that this one was on him.I did not get cited. THANK YOU VERY MUCH OFFICER.

DickDanger
    Ahhhhhh, the stories that you never hear. Just goes to show that SOME cops can be cool. I guess that it all depends on your attitude towards the cop when you get pulled over that can dictate how things will turn out for you. Thumbs up, LRB. -DD Out

summerlove
    Back in May, pulled over just past Blythe for doing 83. When I pulled over, I was very cautious and since there was an on-ramp just up the road, I put my blinker on and slowed down to the on-ramp. At the ramp, I pulled over, way out of traffic. The officer asked what took me so long to pull over - i told him I wanted to pull over in a safe spot - he asked where I was going in such a hurry, and I told him havasu. He let me off with a warning! 83 and a warning! WOW. I called my wife and told her to go and buy a lotto ticket Didn't get 1 damn # oh well...

cola
    little row boat where & what time was it. a friend of mine drives that car out of Banning on B watch 2 pm to 10 pm J.W. very nice guy. You lucky boy.
    Later, Mike

little rowe boat
    It was probably about 10 to 15 miles west of desert center.

little rowe boat
    Sorry. At about 11:00 am.

Riolado
    Summerlove,
    Your're wrong - you did win - you hit for around three hundred bucks and no negative addition to your DMV status. Count yourself a winner.
    riolado

Kilrtoy
    How true you did win, you just didnt realize it

summerlove
    Kilrtoy:
    How true you did win, you just didnt realize it I realized it - he was very stern, I thought I was dead meat. He had me dead on, and he let me go. I don't even think he ever smiled - all biz. But, I was very grateful, and since I already had one visit to TS this year, that was out of the question! Thaks for the reminder, however.

Rock-N-Boardin
    A couple months ago, went out of Needles, spent the day up at Havasu "Channel then sand bar". Went out at 7AM and came back in around 5 or 6PM. Well I had been drinking beer all day, but a pretty slow constant pace, maybe one to one and a half beers at times an hour. It was a windy rough water weekend, so probably 1/3 of a lot of beers ended up spraying in my face and not going down my throat. Anyway, we pull the boat out of the water in Needles and head for the hotel. "Travelers Inn" I came to a stop sign in down town Needles, not seeing anybody for miles in either direction and making a right turn I make the smart move of rolling through the stop sign.
    No sooner than I roll the stop sign I start hearing chirps behind me, and I mean a lot of chirps. Well the only cars within a mile were the ones behind me that I could not see behind the boat, they were freakin 6 sheriff police cars!!!! Well I pull into an abandoned lot and surrounded by officers, so one approaches and I roll down the window. Mr. Sheriff, he was a colored guy, I bring that up because maybe someone here knows of him, anyway I think he was the officer in charge, maybe the sergeant or something.
    He goes, didn't you see that stop sign, what do you say to that, I blew it and I knew I blew it, no hiding the fact. "Yes Sir"... Can I have your drivers license, "It's in the boat sir" ok please step out and get it for me "Yes sir"
    I jump in the back of my boat and upon grabbing my wallet out of the glove box I turned and accidentaly threw it across the boat "I was a little jumpy and nervous" well I finally get the license hand it to him and hop out of the boat.
    He comments, so it looks like you have been on the water all day "yes sir" then he looks me in the eye, have you been drinking today, sh*t I have always been told deny it "no sir" looks me again in the eye, are you sir about that, it is better for you if you honest with me, "ok I break down, one or two but that was earlier, I was the designated boat driver today"....ok wait here.
    He takes my license and heads to his car, mean while the 8 or so other officers are standing around, all the people from the roach motel across the street are coming out to see what the hell is going on with 6 cops cars and 8 or 9 officers surrounding some white boy with a nice looking boat. Probably thinking I pulled a gun or something.
    So he comes back and then walks me back to my truck, he looks in to my 4 other much drunker friends and says, is there anybody here sober enough to drive, they all look at each other nobody says a word. So he goes, now don't you all just look at each other speak up, again not a word. So he asks us where were going, I say "Travelers Inn Sir" it's only less than a mile away, well son drive careful, he hands me my license and drives off.
    I couldn't believe it, talk about going to buy a Loto ticket, the only thing I could think of was 1. I was probably right on the line and who knows maybe under .08, and 2. I have a feeling they were all heading to something together, and didn't want the hassle of messing with me and I think a bonus was I was VERY polite and cool to him. THANK YOU OFFICER!!!!!!!
    By the way, that night we took a cab to a local bar, and all the talk was about the boy who got pulled over down town by 9 cops, when they found out I was the guy, they all sh*t and seemed to know the officer who let me go, they said I was very lucky, I guess he is known to be a cool guy, but very tough.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast