Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fox's Floating Bar

Free Agent
    My favorite watering hole.
    Been drinking there since Fox himself was involved in the place,, since day one.
    Back in the days of Flatbottoms and Blown Big Blocks. No place else holds the character and atmosphere of the river like Fox's, especially at night.
    Did my soul good to see Spencer and Kathy buy the place, and put their own money into excellent improvements.
    If you go there at all, you'd reconize me.
    I'm not ashamed of it.
    Nice thing is that today, my kids can pull the boat up to the dock at the end of the night, pick me up and take me home.
    If ya sit there on a hot summer night with a cold drink,, every 20 minutes something interesting happens,,,
    Different characters,, funny, interesting people drifting in and out,,, always good.
    Could be a rowdy place at times in the early days, but now it's mellowed out to a "Be nice or leave, once kicked out, never come back" policy.
    I can live with that.
    I invest a lot of time into my kids,, and days at the river hauling them and their friends up and down wakeboarding and tubeing et al.
    At the end of the day, the kids hit the beach club and are through with me, and it's my turn to relax in the late evening with "Our People".,, that is,, river people at Fox's.
    If you pass the place by, and have never stopped in,, it's worth a look, and a round on me. Can't stay for just one though,, you may miss the fun.
    -The Turbo Family
    (Yea, that's our real name)
    "People Who Say Money Can't Buy Happiness, Never Had Either One"

been there a million times free agent.my favorite bar.spencer has improved the place a 1000 times and is one of the cooliest guys i know.i love to be there at sun set drinking a cold one,eating ribs and crab watching the last few speed passes of another great day.hard to beat.

Haullen270
    I agree with you guys. Ever since Spencer and Kathy bought Fox's it has been mine and my families favorite place to eat, drink and stay at the river. Nothing like a great cigar, favorite drink, after having steak and crab and having some good conversation at the bar while the kids and mama are up in one of the trailor homes relaxing and falling asleep from a fun day on the river.

Keith E. Sayre
    Nancy and I and Kelly Kraiss and his wife spent
    all afternoon and evening at Foxes last Saturday.
    The river was dead. I don't know what kept us
    busy but we had a great dinner of crablegs and
    ribs at the bar and after 6 hours of fun we were
    leaving when the new Taco bar caught my eye. It
    's right there before you hit the parking lot.
    6 tacos at midnight and they were great! If you
    see Spencer, ask him for a burnout! He'll get his Boss Hog out with the blown Donovan small block 400 incher out and lay some smoke down that will blow your mind! If you look down as you
    approach the bar, you can see evidence of the
    burnouts. That's my take on the place. It is fun!
    Keith Sayre
    Conquest Boats

v-drive
    Is the river in the Parker not safe for v-drives any longer? I am just getting ready to take mine out for the first time and would hate to break it the first time out. We are not the wild and drinking bunch we used to be, where is the best
    place to stay with our motorhome?.
    v-drive

Haullen270
    Fox's is the best place to stay with your Motorhome. They have full hook ups. The river is safe for your V-drive as long as you know where some of the rock and sand bars are. I have boated there for years without a problem and currently with my Hallett deep V stern drive and there are boats on the river much bigger then mine.

Bow Tie Omega
    We went up and down the river at Parker all Summer in a 23 ft V-drive Moomba with friends towing a sky ski, no problems (the sky ski would hit bottom before any outdrive or v-drive). Now Needles....that is another story.

v-drive
    Thanks everyone and you to BTO. Bto are you Ms Bto and Hannah still going with us at the end of June ? v-drive aka pop

SoCalOffshore
    Do they have a website? Or does anyone have a phone number?
    Thanks.

Haullen270
    Here's the website to Fox's
    http://www.foxsresort.com/index.html

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast