Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Diverter for Panther Jet

HOOTER SLED-
    I've been told they are around $800 through Panther. The dude at ADM in Westminster says they have a custom one for around $1800. He says Panther claims 20 degree up and down and thats B.S.. He also said that their custom one is better. Longer also(more like a Place Diverter). Anyone have experience with this???? I have a Jacuzzi in my other boat. I put the Place Diverter in myself , I'm sure I can do this one. I've only had this boat since last August. Panther is new to me. OPINIONS??

hack job
    HOOTER SLED-:
    I've been told they are around $800 through Panther. The dude at ADM in Westminster says they have a custom one for around $1800. He says Panther claims 20 degree up and down and thats B.S.. He also said that their custom one is better. Longer also(more like a Place Diverter). Anyone have experience with this???? I have a Jacuzzi in my other boat. I put the Place Diverter in myself , I'm sure I can do this one. I've only had this boat since last August. Panther is new to me. OPINIONS?? 1800 will get you a brand new berkeley thought cp performance. www.cpperformance.com
    they do trades on your pump for there new berk.
    that would be what i would spend my money on . also contact flate broke he had a panther on one of his older boats and knows a little more about them.
    good luck

HOOTER SLED-
    I agree with the Berkeley. That would've been ideal with the new boat. I couldn't pass it up though. My other boat took a shit, and I needed a bigger boat anyway. This boat was exceptionally clean, had to get it(hey, at least it's got a Chevy!!). Anyhow, going the Berkeley route would also cost me some coin to reglass for the new pump. I don't want to do that.

Brendella
    SEND IT TO HAVASU BARNEY CAN'T GO WRONG

Cas
    Talk to Andy Dominguez before you do anything. From what I understand, he's very good with Panthers. His number is 310-549-3203.
    From what I was told, ADM's conversion may or may not work on a particular set-up.

HOOTER SLED-
    Cas:
    Talk to Andy Dominguez before you do anything. From what I understand, he's very good with Panthers. His number is 310-549-3203.
    From what I was told, ADM's conversion may or may not work on a particular set-up. Hey thanks Cas, where is he from? That's a local number for me. Do you know the hang up with ADM's conversion?

flat broke
    This isn't meant as a lecture, but there are quite a few threads on this topic and many others that commonly get asked. What you will find is that those that have the answers will only post up the same info so many times before we look right past the thread. There is a search function on the boards that works quite well and will yield you the following threads if you merely do a search for "panther diverter".
    http://free.***boat.net/cgi-bin/ulti...;f=11;t=001193
    http://free.***boat.net/ubb/ultimate...=000997#000000
    http://free.***boat.net/cgi-bin/ulti...;f=11;t=000981
    http://free.***boat.net/cgi-bin/ulti...c;f=4;t=002272
    http://free.***boat.net/ubb/ultimate...=001027#000000
    http://free.***boat.net/cgi-bin/ulti...c;f=4;t=000695
    Some of the threads are more pertinent to your quest for info than others, but all make references to the info you seek.
    If you read the threads, you'll find my take on the ADM mod and thus I don't have to type it up here one more time. Once again, I'm not clowning on you, but I know that sometimes folks overlook threads with subjects that have been covered multiple times. When that happens, try using the search feature.
    Good luck,
    Chris

AZKC
    HOOTER SLED-:
    I've been told they are around $800 through Panther. The dude at ADM in Westminster says they have a custom one for around $1800. He says Panther claims 20 degree up and down and thats B.S.. He also said that their custom one is better. Longer also(more like a Place Diverter). Anyone have experience with this???? I have a Jacuzzi in my other boat. I put the Place Diverter in myself , I'm sure I can do this one. I've only had this boat since last August. Panther is new to me. OPINIONS?? Unfortunatly I'm in the same panther you are, the diverter Panther sells requires machine work that they do there at Panther. I have also heard the angles are more down than up. Bow Tie Omega's dad is working on one for him and he will keep us Panther impaired peeps informed. Mine's 20+ yaers old and other than some wear in the bowl due to poor driving habits its in great shape.
    My .02
    KC

HOOTER SLED-
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by flat broke:
    [qb] This isn't meant as a lecture, but there are quite a few threads on this topic and many others that commonly get asked. What you will find is that those that have the answers will only post up the same info so many times before we look right past the thread. There is a search function on the boards that works quite well and will yield you the following threads if you merely do a search for "panther diverter".
    Flat Broke, thanks man!! Oh yeah, are you having a bad day?? It'll be O.K. bro, Summer is almost here. Later
    [ January 31, 2003, 01:17 PM: Message edited by: HOOTER SLED- ]

BrendellaJet
    Thought I would add my 2 cents. ADM is a hack shop. If you have ever been there you know what I mean. Dont believe me? Do a search in the jet forum for ADM and you will see. Bow Tie Omega should have something done soon. Ill call him and get him to chime in here with what he has so far.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast