Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OP6 V Aftermath!!!

Froggystyle
    Just wouldn't be a post-op Monday without a thread title like this... Thanks to the hosts. You did an awsome job. Party was bangin.
    Location was amazing. A little deep, a little rocky, but nearly perfect for what we needed. Two weeks from perfect, I am told. I am never a big fan of bringing the party to the sandbar. This is an event for meeting and getting to know people from the forums, not just another sandbar party. Every single boat in that cove, with few if any exceptions, had an occupant that was from the boards. We got to put hundreds of faces to names, and check out all of the boats that we only saw avatars of before. Put that whole thing at the sandbar, and it would get too diluted too fast. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole day. Up to and including the awesome teamwork when I sucked the anchor rope up. I believe it was Knucklehead, H19, Miller19J and others who finally helped me free that pig. Not a big drama, but it was great having the help. And it wouldn't be a hot boat party without a minor breakdown of a $5 part, so Randy hooked us up with that one. Did it end up making it home? Hope so.
    Sorry for not going to Kokomos on Sat night, but we all pretty much hate that place, so we gave it a pass and just cruised ourselves. The night was beautiful, and the water was nice.
    List of folks we finally met... In no order.
    Jordy. What a blast. You are a good dude, and it was really great to finally meet you.
    DogHouse. Same deal. Wonderful to put a face to a name.
    ScubaSteve, ShockwaveHarry,Knucklehead, Wrightnow, TrojanDan, KPHayes, Miller and MJ, OneStepCloser, HavasuDoug, Pops (Thanks for looking after Izzy for a minute!), Al'Cole'holic, Beautiful Noise, Kwitcherbitchin, JetBoatRich, Eric455, Adam from Wired For Sound, SuperDave (FINALLY!!!!), H20 Party Starter (great bong), Schmoolie (Congrats on the Trident cooler), Riverliver, SV0540, Charley, and a hundred others that were met in a period of pure chaos and haze, and I truly apologize for not remembering this second.
    To the returning favorites... RD, PartyCat, Hustler and Fufu (We always love seeing you two, great theme song!!!), Roz, 75 Elim, RTJas, Slick (Awesome seeing "Money Shot" on the water... stereo sounds sick!), RiverCrazy (first OP6er I ever met), STVKeith, Da Gig, Barney, Waterndog, Wild Lavey, Whipped Caliber, Beached1, Jet4Fun, All jets (Wild turbine ride!!!), Mandleon (First OP6, but we have met before... "Hot Tub" looks great!), HB Jet's (Motor sounds wicked! Great seeing you two again), Cyclone (awesome boat!), HH (If only for a little while), BoaterBill, and others I am going to kick myself for forgetting right now.
    People I really wanted to meet, but never got to:
    Hot Diggity Dog (just never made it that way) and Badaxe, who I half searched for all day.
    Missed H4215 big time. We needed a sermon from the mountain bro. This would have been right up your alley!
    Thanks to Hallet19 and Audrey (Mrs.Froggystyle) for being an awesome crew. The ride home from the OP was amazing. 70mph flat out over damn near whitecaps. No boat damage (except for TWO blown Carlise tires... one on the way out, one on the way back) and assorted other trivial things that can be rubbed out.
    Good times!
    [ June 23, 2003, 11:15 AM: Message edited by: Froggystyle ]

SCUBA STEVE
    Great meeting you. Even if it was for just a minute.
    I am still feeling the effects from Saturday.
    Got home yesterday around 5, and slept until 6am today. I'll be all good in 2 weeks waiting to battle with the 4th of July nonsense.

miller19j
    Now I know that a 9/16’s wrench, a knot, and three guys can free a stuck rope!
    It was great meeting you and Audrey!

Froggystyle
    miller19j:
    It was great meeting you and Audrey! That's right... I forgot it was you and Knucklehead diggin it out. For some reason Roz jumped to mind, but I don't think I saw him until later. Thanks bro. The day is a blur.

BADAXE
    Froggystyle:
    Hot Diggity Dog (just never made it that way) and Badaxe, who I half searched for all day.
    Good times! we were hiding in the middle of the tie up between Jrocket and Thor. I swam over when you were wrestling with a rope. Told your beautiful wife to tell you I said hello. Later when you were taxi to the hosts and handing out some of the gifts someone told you to stop at my boat because my wife had a cast on her foot and deserved some stuff. There were a number of people I wanted to meet but didn't get a chance and you were definitely one of them.

SCUBA STEVE
    miller19j:
    It was great meeting you and Audrey! I wish I would have seen that, so I can know for next time. It took me 3 hours one time, of diving, and cutting, to get the rope out.

Froggystyle
    BADAXE:
    Froggystyle:
    Good times! we were hiding in the middle of the tie up between Jrocket and Thor. I swam over when you were wrestling with a rope. Told your beautiful wife to tell you I said hello. Later when you were taxi to the hosts and handing out some of the gifts someone told you to stop at my boat because my wife had a cast on her foot and deserved some stuff. There were a number of people I wanted to meet but didn't get a chance and you were definitely one of them. I remember the cast for sure! So close, yet so far.
    Well, it just gives us a reason to have another party, right!
    Thanks for the effort though. We will have to hook up for sure next time.

cyclone
    froggy- it was good seeing you again. Not only did your part and shockwave harry's work fix HB's boat for the ride back to black meadows, but he ran the boat all day long on sunday with the zipties holding the throttle together. nice work!

AZKC
    I'm still here, where the hell is everybody? It was great to get together with everyone. And I'll tell ya what this town is dead on weekdays, Kokohoes last night 5 people at around 9pm counting the bartender eek!
    KC

Froggystyle
    SCUBA STEVE:
    miller19j:
    It was great meeting you and Audrey! I wish I would have seen that, so I can know for next time. It took me 3 hours one time, of diving, and cutting, to get the rope out. I think it was about 20 minutes total. Good crew, good ideas, (good breath-hold wink )
    Actually, this was a real good example of the difference between your average river crowd and OP6ers. I seem to remember this event where PickleTheLoad had a 8 foot long snake swim into his boat, and the good idea club was in full effect. I heard every single possible way to piss off a snake with my head inside the gunwale with it, but none for how to actually remove it. I even heard "Set it on fire!" once. The scary part was, he was serious.
    When I sucked that rope, three people immediately showed up with really good plans on how to get it out, and the right balance of beer in one hand and heavy lifting with the other. Thanks for the good ideas and work guys. It was great having another competant set of hands pulling from the top while I was under the boat.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast