Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: trailer fenders

gmnhra
    any suggestions..........
    the fenders on my triple axle competitive trailer need some attention. they are chrome (rusted and pitted and dull) and one needs a little hammer work (previous owner, i swear)....
    yikes, new stainless fenders are $750.....
    i know everything associated with a boat is expensive but that $750 will not make it go one mph faster!!!
    would it be any cheaper to have a body shop "fix" the metal and then rechrome (refferals appreciated) or just bite the bullet at competitive.....
    thanks

Hermosa
    I would put steel fenders on it and paint the whole trailer for an updated look. I'm not a fan of the chrome fenders. If you are stuck on the chrome, looks like you will have to put some money up... ouch! My 2 cents...

HBjet
    just get some painted ones to match the trailer. No one really sees the fenders anyways when they are looking at your 25' Daytona!
    HBjet

Steamin' Rice
    I like the look of painted fenders better than chrome or polished stainless......Like HBJet said, they're not looking at your fenders anyways...
    One more thing, if you don't already have it this way, get your fenders setup so they are bolted on instead of welded on. The trailer for my last boat had the fenders welded on and they would have been a lot easier to replace if they had been bolted....

MikeF
    GMNHRA, I took my fenders over to Western Sandblasting in Santa Ana, 4521 W 1st St. The did a fair job (I shoulda had them hit them one more time!). It was $40 for the pair. I painted them after that. Their # is 714-775-7374.
    They are the closest one to us that sandblast parts.
    If you are set on new fenders, check Trailrite. There prices were pretty good.
    [ October 30, 2002, 05:20 PM: Message edited by: MikeF ]

HavasuDreamin'
    IMHO.......a really nice trailer makes a boat look a hell of a lot better going down the road. I guess I am partial to all the real custom and show type flat bottoms that have trailers with freched lights, polished stainless fenders, custome wheels, etc. If it were me, there is no doubt I would pony up the bucks for a set of new stainless. Again, IMHO....polished stainless and polished wheels just makes the rig look "show quality." My $.02.
    By the way, I agree with Steamin Rice....to put polished stainless fenders on my rig would require torching the old ones off.........what a head ache... frown

cyclone
    any local trailer supply store can sell you brand new fenders for between 20 and 60 dollars. i think i paid 45 bucks for a pair of steel, double axle-sized fenders last year at a place in ontario.

andy01
    GMNHRA keep us posted on what you do and if you find a deal on Stainless fenders. If you could find the company that makes Competives or Extremes fenders you could probably buy them direct.
    Andy

Stoked
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by HavasuDreamin':
    [
    I agree with HavasuDreamin' SS fenders finish a trick trailer, I have had both and my Dually did quite a good job of sandblasting my painted fenders for free. I now have ss fenders on my trailer with the clear plastic coating on the areas subjected to road rocks. The trailer has 7 river trips on it and it still look great. Just my .02

Lightning
    I think (not sure) the company that make the fenders for Extreme is a company by the name of UFP (Unique Functional Products). They are in San Marcos or Vista. I know for a fact they make the swing away tongue and the axles/bearings.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast