Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Remember the boat lost on the 71 FWY?

Trailer Park Casanova
    This is one of those what ever became of stories:
    About a month ago, someone posted a picture of a new Aftershock boat that left it's trailer on the 71 fwy.
    The owner of it just happened to be floating by us and I offered a rope to tie up to us this past Sunday at Castaic.
    He told us the whole story. I think I got it straight,, I was about 4 beers into the day when he told us, so spot me some accuracy..
    He had just taken delivery of his new, custom ordered AfterShock from Carerra in the 909. He was towing it and had just made the transition to the 71 when the winch gave way,, and his new AfterShock slid off the trailer onto the asphalt.
    He called Carerra and they showed up immediatly,, jacks and carpet,, and got the boat back on the trailer no sweat.
    The only damage was a minor scratch on the gel coat,, and a replaceable hardpoint on the jet.
    A real easy going mellow guy. He said the owner of Carrera was there on the spot and was very helpful, and took responsibility for not securing the boat very well to the trailer.
    It's a beautiful boat,, blue flames, anodized blue hardpoints, awsum plush interior,,, nice,,
    And it excellent to hear the incident was really no BFD.
    Here's the boat 30 days later after the incident:
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/939P9280002-med.JPG[/img]
    The owner with a friend, and the girl in the back is a student from Europe.
    If you're thinking of a performance boat at a good price,, I'd start with looking at AfterShock. Nice boats, priced right,, but make sure it's fully fastened down to the trailer when ya take delivery.

al cole'holic
    Trailer Park Casanova:
    This is one of those what ever became of stories:
    About a month ago, someone posted a picture of a new Aftershock boat that left it's trailer on the 71 fwy.
    The owner of it just happened to be floating by us and I offered a rope to tie up to us this past Sunday at Castaic.
    He told us the whole story. I think I got it straight,, I was about 4 beers into the day when he told us, so spot me some accuracy..
    He had just taken delivery of his new, custom ordered AfterShock from Carerra in the 909. He was towing it and had just made the transition to the 71 when the winch gave way,, and his new AfterShock slid off the trailer onto the asphalt.
    He called Carerra and they showed up immediatly,, jacks and carpet,, and got the boat back on the trailer no sweat.
    The only damage was a minor scratch on the gel coat,, and a replaceable hardpoint on the jet.
    A real easy going mellow guy. He said the owner of Carrera was there on the spot and was very helpful, and took responsibility for not securing the boat very well to the trailer.
    It's a beautiful boat,, blue flames, anodized blue hardpoints, awsum plush interior,,, nice,,
    And it excellent to hear the incident was really no BFD.
    Here's the boat 30 days later after the incident:
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/939P9280002-med.JPG[/img]
    The owner with a friend, and the girl in the back is a student from Europe.
    If you're thinking of a performance boat at a good price,, I'd start with looking at AfterShock. Nice boats, priced right,, but make sure it's fully fastened down to the trailer when ya take delivery. Great story TPC...now about this student from Europe...?

Trailer Park Casanova
    Still no pics of the new truck?
    Perhaps you better swing by my house and let me snap a few before and after pics to post.
    I've got the 2500 HD and I love it. Best vehicle I've ever owned. I can't stress how much you'll love your new truck.
    44.000 trouble free, excellent MPG miles.
    The Euro Girl in the pic?.. A real character, neat
    girl.

JetBoatRich
    Glad to hear it all worked out hard to believe they did all that work on building the boat and no one checked how the boat was on the trailer
    Have to give it to them for coming out to the accident and taking care of the boat

Sherpa
    what, you ***boat v bottom-types don't use rear-
    straps-?
    comeawn!
    I remember a freind-of-a-freind who bought a new
    16 foot i/o..... on the delivery trip from the
    dealer it fell off the trailer on hwy 680 in
    concord. totalled.
    he sued.
    he won.
    the boat should have been used for a sandbox
    (owners own words).........
    he didn't buy another boat...
    --oh well... Sherpa

superdave013
    Sherpa:
    what, you ***boat v bottom-types don't use rear-
    straps-?
    comeawn!
    I remember a freind-of-a-freind who bought a new
    16 foot i/o..... on the delivery trip from the
    dealer it fell off the trailer on hwy 680 in
    concord. totalled.
    he sued.
    he won.
    the boat should have been used for a sandbox
    (owners own words).........
    he didn't buy another boat...
    --oh well... Sherpa My friend bought a brand new 23' boat and they didn't put rear tie down straps on it. And he still does not use them. I bag on him every time I see it.
    When I asked the boat shop why they told me that people don't like the looks of the D rings in the back. Then I said "hey, just toss a strap around the swim steps"and they all gave me the Boo Hoo.

HOOTER SLED-
    Hey I think my buddies brother saw that boat the day it happened. He told me it had "Aquaholic" painted on the back. Is that the same boat? He said it looked brand new, and the boat looked like it just slid off the trailer with the winch still connected. Bummer, I can't believe that's all that happened. I would feel funny keeping that boat. Like having a car after you know it's been in an accident. Call me crazy, but I think if it was there fault, I would ask for a new one. Is that picky?? That had to put some stress on the hull at certain spots from hitting hard, ya think?

Havasubum
    didn't another aftershock boat slide of the trailer a little while ago on the launch ramp
    [ September 30, 2003, 01:56 PM: Message edited by: Havasubum ]

BowTie Rick
    HOOTER SLED-:
    Hey I think my buddies brother saw that boat the day it happened. He told me it had "Aquaholic" painted on the back. Is that the same boat? He said it looked brand new, and the boat looked like it just slid off the trailer with the winch still connected. Bummer, I can't believe that's all that happened. I would feel funny keeping that boat. Like having a car after you know it's been in an accident. Call me crazy, but I think if it was there fault, I would ask for a new one. Is that picky?? That had to put some stress on the hull at certain spots from hitting hard, ya think? I saw that one "Aquaholic". That one happened on Van Buren in Riverside only a couple miles from Aftershock's shop. I stopped to see if I could do anything and the guy told me the boat was only 5 minutes old. It had to have got messed up as I could see a white drag mark go all the way across the intersection. WTF, why no rear straps? Who cares if the rings clash; its better than it falling off. Are they using cheap winches or is someone forgetting to check if they are locked?

Dr. Eagle
    BowTie Rick:
    HOOTER SLED-:
    Hey I think my buddies brother saw that boat the day it happened. He told me it had "Aquaholic" painted on the back. Is that the same boat? He said it looked brand new, and the boat looked like it just slid off the trailer with the winch still connected. Bummer, I can't believe that's all that happened. I would feel funny keeping that boat. Like having a car after you know it's been in an accident. Call me crazy, but I think if it was there fault, I would ask for a new one. Is that picky?? That had to put some stress on the hull at certain spots from hitting hard, ya think? I saw that one "Aquaholic". That one happened on Van Buren in Riverside only a couple miles from Aftershock's shop. I stopped to see if I could do anything and the guy told me the boat was only 5 minutes old. It had to have got messed up as I could see a white drag mark go all the way across the intersection. WTF, why no rear straps? Who cares if the rings clash; its better than it falling off. Are they using cheap winches or is someone forgetting to check if they are locked? I think on a boat that size you need a tie down front and rear. Depending on the winch only to hold the boat on the trailer is asking for it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast