Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Real bad gas.....

Wildboats
    What is the shelf life on race gas ? I have tryed, I think everything to get my deal to run. Mag repair, new pump, lines, ect.ect. Well after talking to my cousin He was telling me after adding some race gas to his durby car It only ran on three cylinders. (we bought fuel the same time) Any input ??
    I did check the San Jose area and 400$ for one drum of 114 is kinda high.
    The gas I have is about 1 1/2 years old

Moneypitt
    How does it smell? Run your car/truck almost dry and put in 5 gal., See how it runs. I could see "aged" hot gas not running real well, but I can't see it not running at all unless it's really stinky bad with varnish. That smell is un mistakeable............MP

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    How does it smell? Run your car/truck almost dry and put in 5 gal., See how it runs. I could see "aged" hot gas not running real well, but I can't see it not running at all unless it's really stinky bad with varnish. That smell is un mistakeable............MP
    Ray, are you telling Wildboats to run 1 1/2 year old "leaded race fuel" in his daily driver :jawdrop: ????...I wouldn't do that!
    When gas goes bad it smells terrible. Run it through your lawn mower.

Moneypitt
    Jerry, that would depend on what his daily driver is. Remember my daily driver likes leaded fuel, so maybe I spoke without considering all the facts. As you said, bad gas STINKS, 1/2 cup of shitty gas spilled in the garage will stink up the whole house and most of the neighborhood if the wind is blowing... When ever I run into suspect gas I just stick it in the old Ford, add an equal amount of fresh stuff, and drive.......Regardless, I can't see gas alone as the problem if it won't run. Maybe not run to it's potential, but it should still run, unless it really,(clearly), smells like varnish....Ray

GofastRacer
    If the gas is almost to the point of varnish it's time to shit can it, just looking for trouble even if you run it in a beater. But if it just smells bad and changed color you can use this stuff it will bring it back to life, won't change the color or take the smell away though but at least you can use it!..
    PRI-G! (http://www.priproducts.com/index.htm)

Wildboats
    It still smells ok and looks ok too, But the guy that was wanting to sell me a drum for 400$ said it looses its "bang" I run it in all my yard tools and they run ok, no different than pump gas. I am willing to buy another drum but a better deal than 400 bucks. I did put some in my plymouth, its it a mild 440 with a stock lower end, it runs but really no big punch to brag about.

Moneypitt
    Based on what you just said, I would say you have other problems besides questionable fuel..........MP

superdave013
    I have two unopened 55 gal drums of F&L 110 that I would like to sell. $250 a can takes it. Need to pick it up real soon in Anaheim, CA.

Moneypitt
    Thats a good price.......To bad you're so far away. The trip would eat up the "deal"............MP

Oops sorry I thought this thread was about havasujoe93's chili aftermath. :redface:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast