Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going to Powell again.

DEEZ NUTTS
    Fri-sun this weekend. Anybody gonna be there?

SoCalOffshore
    where is the best place to camp in a RV their?

DEEZ NUTTS
    SoCal, you can get an RV right down to the water at Lone rock beach. The sand is soft but people seem to do it. Carpet or buckets to wet the sand on the way out. I personally would not. However, they do have an area that is surfaced with gravel also. I have not been on the beach itself for a couple years it may be better now.
    Above the Wahweep marina are hook ups and pads that I see as we go in. They are close yet far, you could walk to the water but it would be a long one.
    Sounds like I will be close to Lone rock again this weekend. I will take a closer look at how/where the RV's are parking.

SoCalOffshore
    thanks for the info. are you going on a houseboat or what?

jet496
    Wahweap has a nice RV park with hook-ups. It's alittle ways from the water but there's a nice air conditioned bus that makes a stop every 20 minutes or so. This bus stops everywhere, so you can to the hotel, swimming pool, beach, dock, restarants, etc. Nice view of the lake too.
    You have to make reservations.
    Have fun.

SoCalOffshore
    Wahweap has availability at the rv park and lodge. So...may be going on the 4th. How is the weather and wind then?

DEEZ NUTTS
    SoCal, no houseboat here. Wife and I sleep under the bow. Occasionally somebody in our crew has one out and we use it to party on.
    4th of July has always been good to us on Powell. You will get some wind and maybe rain that will hit in the afternoons. The storms usually dont last very long. You dont want to be out on the water unless your ready for it. Maydays come across the radio during these storms.
    Dont let me scare you. You will forget about the wind and storm and be excited about going back next year. I have been through some gnarly storms there and damn near sunk my own boat, but never pass up a chance to go.

Zuumer
    DN,
    I hear there's 18 lanes at Wahweap now and Stateline may open shortly. If you have a chance, please check out the Stateline ramp and see how the new ramp is doing there. I have boat camped a lot on Powell and also have RV'd at the Stateline campground across the street from the ramp. Planning a trip tentatively for late August or early September.
    Thanks for any info...enjoy your trip ,
    Ron

SoCalOffshore
    thanks for the info. What time of year is the best weather at Powell?

wishtoHB
    (Labor Day) and September in my opinion. Water temp is still pretty good and there are no monsoon's anymore. Powell never really gets really warm water temp. July 4th it can be HOT!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast