Thread: Beware - Windsor Beach Parking Lot

TrojanDan
    Just read this in the LHC News-Herald website.
    Windsor Beach officials deal with recent break-ins
    By Mark Hall
    By MARK HALL
    Today's News-Herald
    A string of vehicle break-ins at Lake Havasu State Park, Windsor Beach unit last weekend has prompted park officials to devise a strategy to combat the problem.
    Between Friday and Monday, park manager Brian Pendley said six vehicles were broken into as the culprits apparently smashed windows and took valuables from the vehicles. Many of them were “high-dollar” vehicles, he said.
    “It’s a major problem. We did post signs telling the public not to leave stuff in their vehicles,” Pendley said.
    Pendley said the park, in conjunction with the Lake Havasu City Police Department and the Mohave County Sheriff’s Office, is working on a plan to either catch the suspects or prevent them from committing more thefts. He declined to reveal the details of the plan because he said it would defeat the purpose if it were publicized.
    “I don’t think it’s random,” Pendley said. “It seems like somebody knows when we go off (duty).”
    Criminalists at the Department of Public Safety Crime Lab in Lake Havasu City are trying to analyze evidence obtained at the scene in hopes of identifying the perpetrators, Pendley said.
    Throughout the weekend, Pendley said park personnel and other law enforcement agencies tried to patrol the area to prevent the break-ins from occurring. “We just don’t have the staff to have someone out there 24 hours a day,” he said.
    While park personnel are going to implement the confidential plan, Pendley said there are current precautions the public needs to take when using the state park. He recommended beach users not leave their vehicles parked in the lot overnight.
    “When at all possible, take your vehicle home or back to the hotel,” he said.
    Lake Havasu Police Lt. Rich Sloma said that another part of the problem is people leaving their valuables in plain sight of would-be thieves. He said when a thief sees valuables, he or she can easily break a window and take the items, making for crimes of opportunity. Moreover, he said in most instances, people don’t even lock a door or close a window, making it that much easier to take the items.
    As part of the plan to deter the crimes, Pendley said he is trying to have additional signs made warning the public of the risks.
    “It’s something the public should be aware of,” he said.
    You may contact the reporter at mhall@havasunews.com.

Rod-64
    Thanks for the heads up. I am definatly gonna take my new radar detector off the dash from now on. I go there almost every week and never had a problem but there's always a first time. I hope they catch those ****ers. You shouldn't have to worry about your rig when your out having fun and after paying a 75 dollar annual fee. burningm

SCUBA STEVE
    thanks for the heads up. sh** I still havent launched there yet, I guess I know why. I hope they catch how ever is doing it. what happened to the days when you didnt have to worry about that stuff. now you have to worry about everything getting jacked. tow rig, trailor, boat, gear, ... etc.

Jungle Boy
    I wish that low life POS's could just leave other people's stuff alone. The laws need to be tougher on common thiefs. When good folks work hard to buy nice things with their money, they shouldn't have to worry about some crack head stealing it. I liked James Bond's anit-theft device in that old movie. The guy read the warning and touched the car and it blew up!! Need more shit like that.