Thread: Lab Finishing referrals

NashvilleBound
    I have a 30" Bravo 1 I need worked. I was hoping the forums could help narrow down the list. I am stuck between York, R&R, Bronson, San Diego Propellers. Tho Ultra referred me to SD Props, they said its $275.. I thought that was a bit steep. Any help??

Craig
    (IMHO)One of the best around is Gibbs in Havasu. Not sure what his number is. Actually though 275 seems pretty reasonable if they're any good. Wahtcha want for them there XZ gears?
    Craig
    [ November 20, 2002, 06:57 PM: Message edited by: Craig ]

NashvilleBound
    4 Bills with factory top cap and bearings.

XTRM22
    I know there's a couple guys who have had good luck with Hill and some of the others, but I've been really happy with the lab job Gibbs did on my 23" mirage, but 275.00 sounds about right I think I paid 250-300 for mine.
    Chuck

gmnhra
    your list hits most of the good places. my personal experience has been with york..very knowledgable, fair price, and has completed the work when he said he would.
    my experience has also shown that a "labbed" prop doesn't always mean more speed..and in some cases can hurt in other areas (on-plane time...mid-range efficiency)....
    a labbed prop has some pretty thin edges and the life of the prop is impacted by this...
    finally, my experience has also been that murphy's law is always accurate..i have never dinged my stock props but boy have a killed a couple of freshly labbed ones!!!!
    gary

Haullen270
    Bronson Hill in Santa Ana has always taken real good care of me and his Lab Finished Props have performed real well. He is a little less than $275, give them a call.

carreracat257
    I have tried eveybody and the best yet is bret at mercury racing.

NashvilleBound
    Should I just call my regular Mercury Racing number and ask for Brett? What dept does he work in? Prop work?
    Thanks for the help to everyone....

Robbie Racer
    You can reach Brett at 920-924-2034.
    Good luck,
    R/R

NashvilleBound
    Thanks, I will call him after Thanksgiving.