Thread: DANA Boats>>>

TCHB
    Have any of you looked at Dana Boats??? Who is building the boats now a days?

bigerich
    My dad just bought a 1988 Dana 20SS, seems like a real nice boat. Anyone have any experience with 'em????????

G-Ride
    I have 98'21SS.At the time Don Wilson who owned Tempest Marine had the molds for the 19'Dart and the 21SS and owned the Dana name. He had an sales office inside Boat Emporium in Anaheim (since changed the name)and rigged the boats in a small shop behind Hardin Marine. Don was ill at the time and I think the name has since changed hands. The molds I think I have seen also being sold as Renegade21SS, at least they look real similar and Smiley was the guyI beleive did the gels for them and many others in his time. Try this www.danaboats.com.

disco_charger
    I thought Dana boats was Dave Dana, and he got out of it all together. He was one of the crew way back from American Marine in Anaheim, on Anaheim Blvd. One of the old timers on the board may be clearer. As I recall, Dave was building a cheaper mousetrap. Not all that fancy, but they worked good.
    Disco (Thinking back to when Disco was still in)

01RENEGADE
    I believe the new owner boughtthe name and they are being built at smilyes fiberglass shop who built the original dana boats.

lightnin

That's correct!!
    Smiley is building the hulls and the NEW Dana Boats are located in Montclair on Holt Blvd.
    This is the first 23ft. built, and I am very happy with the quality, handling and performance. This one has a 496 mag and reaches a top speed of 66 to 68 MPH!
    If you are interested, just ask for Tom at www.danaboats.com

NEW 2 RIVER
    Very nice boat.
    The graphics look clean.Just enough without too much goin on.

THOR
    I saw the new 24' at the Long Beach boat show and it looked clean to me. Not the best I have ever seen but very nice. Seemed a little pricy from what I remember.

TCHB
    Who is building the boats at Dana. The boat looks good!