Thread: Races???

Phat_Kat
    Does anyone know of any races in the socal/havasu-parker area that a 80-90 mph Tunnel O/B would be welcome??? Poker runs don't really fill me urge to race. If you could include a website or some way of getting further info. I'm expecting about 95 top speed out of my old sleeker so I think it'll be somewhat decient in the races. I don't expect to win, I just don't want to get killed.

beached 1
    Run a search for the Big Block Spanking Party or check out www.havasubarney.com.

Robbie Racer
    Phat_Kat, what kind of racing are you thinking of? If drag boat racing is what you had in mind both the IHBA and NJBA allow outboard boats in their bracket classes at sanctioned events. What size of boat do you have? Anything larger than a 21' boat may have a problem clearing the holding rope at the starting line though. You can lookup NJBAracing.net (races held in Bakersfield, CA) and IHBAracing.com. Their season opener will be at Firebird in Chandler on May 2-4th. Good luck, R/R

Phat_Kat
    I was looking into long distance races. Kinda like the ones the big cats run but with smaller boats. I have a 21 Foot Sleekcraft SST Tunnel. So a lower class for those boats would be cool

BGMAN203
    You might want to look into ski racing too.

Back To Havasu
    In California, there is an organization going by the name of COBRA, (whatever that stands for). I suspect your interested in something close to the old outboard Mod VP racing. If so, if anyone can connect you, it is COBRA. Sorry I don't have a website or phone number. Perhaps someone else on the boards can help you with that. Just a thought. wink

LeE ss13
    Back To Havasu:
    In California, there is an organization going by the name of COBRA, (whatever that stands for). I suspect your interested in something close to the old outboard Mod VP racing. If so, if anyone can connect you, it is COBRA. Sorry I don't have a website or phone number. Perhaps someone else on the boards can help you with that. Just a thought. wink COBRA (Originally California Outboard Racing Ass.)was last run by Jim Wilkes of Wilkes Marine in Tustin. It was an APBA insured Club up until 1992 when they had a falling out. COBRA found other insurance and continued running as the California OUTLAW Boat Racing Ass. They ran until the last race at Long Beach 1999. (I ran that race). I beleive they haven't run since. Wilkes Marine is the Sponsor at the top of the "Bench Racers" thread on this Forum.