Thread: Auto A/C Repair Shop ????

kevnmcd
    Anyone no of a good reputable and fair priced shop in the Irvine/Lake Forest/Mission Viejo area? The burb needs a new a/c hose. Can't be making the haul across the 40 in the middle of summer without a/c!

gnarley
    Do it yourself & save the $$$. Is it R12 or 134a?

kevnmcd
    Not sure on the freon? '96 Suburban (454). I was thinking about doing it myself but this fricken hose goes around, over, and under the engine and then through the grill! It might be worth having someone do it.

gnarley
    96 should be 134a, if you got the hose assembly installed it then found someone here who has an A/C pump you'd probably save 50% or more from going to a shop. If you were up here I'd give you a hand. A/C work is usually pretty easy! Also if the system hasn't worked in many months you should also think about replacing the drier as the system has been open to atmosphere which allows the descant in the drier to absorb water & you don't want that.

kevnmcd
    If I was closer I would take you up on that offer. The system worked when I took it to the dealer to have a leaky intake manifold fixed yesterday! But they say that it was just a coincidence that it stopped now, they said it looked like it had been leaking for awhile. I tried talking them into fixing it on them...but they wouldn't budge. argue I hate it when people don't take responsibility for there own mistakes.

gnarley
    If it worked when you brought it in then IT DID! I would talk to the service manager & tell him you are going to file a complaint with the State B.A.R (Bureau of Auto Repair) if they don't step up to the plate. Maybe he'll split the difference with you, the fact is if it worked it did! And they must return it that way.

kevnmcd
    Thanks. I will give them a call and explain the situation and go from there. argue

BoatPI
    Good advice. In CA NEVER file civil action against a BAR license holder until you file a written complaint with BAR. They investigate.
    FYI
    And forget that BS posted at shops claiming they are NOT responsible for you vehicle or it's contents.