Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Mead Trip - Week of Aug 18

Speedee28
    We are planning to be out at Echo Bay for the week of Aug 18. We were out there for a few days in early July. The water level was low ....
    Any info on current levels would be appreciated. A few friends of mine were out at Powell over the last few weeks and they told me the water level was really low.... When will it ever end ???
    Thanks,
    Speedee28

jenndon
    Were going to be at Temple Bar the same weekend

twistedpair
    Lake is down a little since you were here, but there's still plenty of water. Lots of good beaches and everything is pretty well marked as far as high spots. What kind of boat ya' got, maybe I'll see you out there.

ultra1
    Just curious... What type of camping is available at Mead. We usually go to Lone Rock at Powell and camp on the water in our Motorhome. Is something like that available at Mead and if so, where. Thanks for your input...

twistedpair
    There are actual campgrounds @ all the marinas. If you want to camp on the beach, you might try Government Wash. There are two more places past Govt. Wash on the way to Callville but the names escape me now. The ramp @ Govt. Wash is closed although some people try to launch from the beach, I would use one of the marinas. Lots of jetskis to contend with around these areas.

jenndon
    You don't have to look out for jet ski's anymore at Mead...The tree hugger got them banned!!!
    I'll be at Temple Bar the 16 through 19. Were in a Eliminator 220 eagle xp, white, purple and grey. The names "8 second ride"

twistedpair
    jenndon:
    You don't have to look out for jet ski's anymore at Mead...The tree hugger got them banned!!!
    I'll be at Temple Bar the 16 through 19. Were in a Eliminator 220 eagle xp, white, purple and grey. The names "8 second ride"Actually, Jetskis are still legal until Sept. 15, and they'll probably br reinstated altogether next spring.

Outnumbered
    I was out at temple bar last month and there is plenty of water, although it was about 48 feet low if I remember. The main channel is over 400 feet deep up there. Some unmarked rocks in the back of coves but nothing unusual. One thing that sucked is the mud. From Temple Bar to Sandy Point we must have stopped 10 times at beaches that looked killer until you stepped out and sank to your knees. Sandy point beach is still solid but can be blown out if it gets windy. There are some semi-solid beaches in coves but allow plenty of time to scout-em out. Hope this helps.
    Old Lavey

Speedee28
    Thanks for all the info... We're leaving on Sunday morning. We have a 28 Nordic w/ blue, yellow and purple stripes .... and are staying at Echo Bay.
    Safe boating and we'll look for y'all !!!
    Speedee28

Speedee28
    Sorry for the late post.... We were out at Echo Bay last week and it was WINDY !!! The water was pretty rough but still had a GREAT time !! Plenty of water although some areas are still intimidating... Weather cooled off (around 100 degrees) so it was very nice compared to back in July when it was 115 !! Great trip despite the wind.
    Speedee28

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast