Thread: Sunken boat at Needles???

BILLY.B
    I saw a sunken boat at Needles this past weekend, does anybody know what happened. Pretty weird to see this boat (about 25 to 30ft cruiser) just under the surface. Luckly I missed it or it could of been ugly... burningm

Billy,
    do you remember about 20 years ago or so that sunken boat that was straight across from Havasu Landing on the back side of the island? Big wood cruiser with twin SBCs, twin v-drives and so on. I think it was there 2 summers before someone drug it up. If I remember right it had Vette valve covers on both motors, so maybe they were old 283s or 327s. I wasn't smart (sober) enough at the time to try to salvage anything off it!

Waldo
    I heard they were traveling a little too close to the Cali side and nailed some rocks just under the surface. It was an ELim 24-25 footer. They were being towed when they took on too much H20. Sucks.

Coach
    They recovered the boat. I saw it being taken back to Moabi I think. It was a 25 Eliminator. They had it on air bags with a big pump sucking out water to keep it afloat. The guy was sitting on the boat just holding his head. Rough day at the river.