Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Air Compressor Needed!!!

Froggystyle
    Hey everyone. I am in the market for a medium-duty air compressor. I am looking for a stand up, 60-80 gallon, 5-8 hp that will run 10.5 cfm or greater at 90 lbs. 220 power. Used preferably, but I am looking down the barrel of having to buy a new one.
    Anyone have a lead on a good quality used unit. Maybe a shop upgrading?
    Let me know!!! Speedaire, Ranger, Walker or Ingersol Rand preferred.

ROZ
    Froggystyle:
    Hey everyone. I am in the market for a medium-duty air compressor. I am looking for a stand up, 60-80 gallon, 5-8 hp that will run 10.5 cfm or greater at 90 lbs. 220 power. Used preferably, but I am looking down the barrel of having to buy a new one.
    Let me know!!! Speedaire, Ranger, Walker or Ingersol Rand preferred. Nevermind...
    [ February 12, 2003, 11:44 PM: Message edited by: ROZ ]

bmff
    Look at Harbor Freight online. They have Ingersol-Rand and Ranger. Best prices I've seen.

THOR
    My dad used to be in the business and I would have to say the IR would be the top from those you listed.

mmered8299
    Home Depot has what you want. Bought one there last year. Had a oil leak and they sent a guy out the next day to fix it! Cant beat that!

ROZ
    Wes, I know a guy who works for Maintenance warehouse. He should be able to hook you up on a good price for a new one.....Afterall,I hook he and his buddies up whenever they need something.
    Let me know.

Froggystyle
    ROZ:
    Wes, I know a guy who works for Maintenance warehouse. He should be able to hook you up on a good price for a new one.....Afterall,I hook he and his buddies up whenever they need something.
    Let me know. Well, again I know where to turn to get a good price on a new one! Thanks for the hookup Roz!
    I am still optimistic that someone has a used one for sale. The price usually takes a huge shitter on the used market, and it is just a matter of finding one. I regularly see what I am looking for or better for $250 or so, and I am looking to spend up to $400 for a nice one. New, I don't think that is going to get me very high quality...
    Used.... who knows?
    I'll drop you a line Roz, thanks.

Hotcrusader76
    Froggystyle:
    Let me know!!! Speedaire, Ranger, Walker or Ingersol Rand preferred. Wes,
    Not only is it difficult to locate one with a reasonable offer attached but the other issue at hand is, was it properly maintained? Was it drained daily or very often? What condition is the motor? Too many "Mr.Murphys" in the whole equation.
    I ended up buying a new one myself, 30 gallon 6HP. Kind of like a "pony keg" compared to the 60 gallon stand-ups. I then rigged my own filtration system for the line and it feels good to know it was brand new from the start.
    Good luck, I'll keep my eyes and ears open.
    ~Ty

superV
    Maybe you could get the guy from Lake Rods over i hear he Blows Hard! hehehehehe J/K

Froggystyle
    What did you buy, and how much was it Ty?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast