Thread: Confused about the Rice Road "shortcut"....?

RacerX
    We're making our first trip to Parker in over 25 years. I haven't been since I was 8 years old so obviously I don't remember anything at all about the drive.
    We're leaving from Irvine and the Internet map search says to take the Rice Road turn-off. However, I've read on here that it may not necessarily be the "safest" route. For what it's worth, we'll be pulling our boat and travelling in the EARLY morning (2-3 AM) on Monday.
    Thanks for any input...

Havasu_Dreamin
    Go thru Ehrenberg and the Indian Reservation and save yourself the headaches of Rice Road. It's only about 20 miles longer. Take the 10 East to the first exit in AZ, go left at the end of the off-ramp to the stop sign. At the stop sign go right. Relatively flat and straight drive that takes you to the South end of Parker by the Chevy dealership.

cyclone
    the rice road cuttof is safe. I avoid it on holiday weekends and try to avoid passing people through the "whoops" sections of the road. just use common sense and watch out for other driver's who might not have common sense.

25Elmn8r
    The best route I have found is to continue past Desert Center/Rice Road all the way thru Blythe to Exit 1 in Arizona. Turn Left over the highway and continue to the stop sign. Turn Right at the stop sign and follow this road right into Parker. Watch your speed as you cross thru. This is a nice flat straight road most of the way to parker.

unleashed
    RiceRoad at that time of night/morning should be fine. I'd be more worried about how tired you feel as that is pretty late/early to be driving. Just watch for idiots trying to pass and you'll be fine and watch your speed as some of those turns can get ya!
    Deano
    Unleashedclothing devil

mbrown2
    Rice is Nice...just use common sense don't pass in blind and stay back from idiots that pass in blind spots...

SCUBA STEVE
    If you dont go through rice road, you cant see the shoe tree.
    I take rice road all the time and agree what everyone else is saying, stay alert and you shouldnt have any problems.

BajaMike
    mbrown2:
    Rice is Nice...just use common sense don't pass in blind and stay back from idiots that pass in blind spots... Is Rice road the one out of Desert Center or out of Blyth? Why not take US 95 North out of Blythe?

Havasu_Dreamin
    BajaMike:
    Is Rice road the one out of Desert Center or out of Blyth? Why not take US 95 North out of Blythe? The one out of Desert Center