Thread: Question about poker run

jackpunx
    Hey all,
    IÂ’ve had a boat for 14yrs now.. Never been on a poker run.. IÂ’ve been on a Bike poker run.. Does it work the same way?.. Are there different classes of boats?.. I always see the big boys on these deals.. and I don't want to miss out on the fun anymore.. What should I know before I go?..We are planning to go to the Hot boat run on the 27th and 28th of sept .. I have a 22" tunnel hull... and there is know way I will keep up with the bigger boats in the rough water..
    Any suggestions would help
    Thanks
    Mark
    AKA
    Jackpunx

CA Stu
    Well, with that 22 inch hull, you're gonna have a hell of a time doing anything.
    I just went on my first Poker Run , put on by RiverracerX , and it was ahoot. I read about it being a pretty mellow run, and it was definitely fun. On their run, anyone could take part and it seemed everyone was really cool. I suppose if you met up with someone who had the same class of boat as yourself you scould race, but that didn't seem to be the focus of the whole deal. It was more about just having a good time and meeting like minded people, just like any other poker run I have been to.
    I had previously been on a few off road poker runs, and it is the same concept, different stops to get a card, then at the end of it a dinner where you find out who gets the winning hand.
    A good way to meet a good group of people.
    I say sign up and have a good time.
    Thanks
    CA Stu

LUVNLIFE
    Go and have a good time. You will meet lot's of cool people. You will never be the fastest one out there but who cares find a good pace and stick withit, I guarantee lot's of other boats will have the same pace. Enjoy it.

SoCalOffshore
    CA Stu only had a good time cuZ he won a big ass flamed red mirror.

C-2
    The concept for most poker runs is the same; pick up chips or sealed cards at five different stops on the lake.
    IÂ’m not sure if the ***boat run will have one shotgun start, or have it broken up into 2 or 3 groups. At the AHBA poker run the following weekend, there should be between 160-180 boats. There will be three staggered starts, each five minutes apart; 60 and under, 60-80, and 80+.
    The thing about any poker run isÂ…nobody sez you have to run in the start. Most people do it because they enjoy the thrill of the start and you walk away with some great stories. There is plenty of time to pick up your cards throughout the remainder of the day.
    Personally, I enjoy hanging out and watching the start from the sidelines. Nothing like seeing a fleet of the most bad-ass boats go screaming by you at a buck thirty or forty! eek! eek!

jackpunx
    LOL.. Nice.. yea... not going far in a 22 inch boat.. My bad.. Any way.. Looks like we are going on Oct 3rd.. I appreciate all the feed back.. I have a fast boat but more concerned about having fun and not breaking it.. Watching all the other boats is going to be a kick..And always up for meeting new people.. I think we are going to meet boat030 .. but he will be in another class.. Im really looking forward to it.
    Thanks again
    Mark

CA Stu
    SoCalOffshore:
    CA Stu only had a good time cuZ he won a big ass flamed red mirror. I'm just a good time looking for a place to happen, man.
    But you're right, that mirror didn't hurt...

CA Stu <-- will be back for more poker run action fer sure