Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New West Coast Custom Boat Builder

roln 20s
    Yep, that rights. There is a new west coast custom builder that is based in Phx, AZ. The name is Streamline Custom boats. I talked to one of the owners last thursday, and he seems very excited, nice and knows what his goals are in this custom market. Attention to detail and customer service are his main priorities, and let me tell you, we talked boats and the custom market for 40 minutes on the phone, and it was a great enjoyment.
    As for the boat, its a very proven hull design. Its a vee bottom, 28 foot, and originally tooled by one of the favorite boat manufacturers on these boards..DCB. Yep, the bottom mold is the 28 Extreme and the top deck is a little different than the DCB (instead of the traditional DCB lines where the bows have the indent- these have a raised section). According to him, the mold work is done at DCB. And then the boat and Extreme Trailer are sent to Phx for the rigging and the interior, etc... They use only the best material and Dana products. Its custom, so whatever you want, you get. Price is very reasonable- around 73K with a 496 HO and openbow/cuddy arrangement. They have sold the first one and couple more are in the making. I plan on meeting the owner at the lake in about 3 weeks-a month when the next one is done just to go for a fun ride. I will let you all know how it goes. I'm excited for these guys and their new company and think that they are going to offer a great boat and a ever better price.
    I think the goal is to have one at ***boat for test by the end of the year. Again, they have only built one boat, which was sold, and at those prices, with the great lines that it has, I expect they will sell alot more.
    I will try and get a couple pics of that one that was completed and post them.
    Welcome the newest custom boat manufacturer: Streamline Custom Boats.
    I'll check and see if they have a website.
    Roln 20s

roln 20s
    Thats was kinda what I thought, since I recognized the hull right away, but he brought up the point that this helps balance out Dave's production schedule to help keep all his people busy. IMO- I think Dave has to have some extra control to ensure this venture is what he expects also. But again, this is all my opinion. And think about it, it sounds like a great idea if I am Dave- more money to tool bigger and better cats.
    Roln 20s

roln 20s
    A new builder doesn't interest anyone..I'm shocked!
    Roln 20s

al cole'holic
    roln 20s:
    Roln 20s A new builder for a DCB bottom being layed up at DCB and then brought to Az to be rigged out...well I am amazed!

RiverToysJas
    roln 20s:
    Roln 20s New builders (which I don't really consider this to be) are popping up two a month it seems. I've yet to see anything innovative though. A few promise innovation, but I personally have yet to see it. When I do, I'll be interested. wink
    RTJas

mike37
    RiverDave:
    That's pretty amazing right there. I know Dave is pretty weird about other people rigging his boats. I'm surprised that he would go into a venture like this.
    RD its all about $$$$$$$

playdeep
    I recently stopped by Gary Kincaid's place(Showtime Marine) in Havasu to talk some boat...
    Turns out Kincaid had recently moved.
    The new occupants were a start up custom boat builder called Stealth Boats.
    They use the ex-Virage molds.They are layed up in Cali and rigged in Havasu.
    The guy said that all of the people involved at one time or another worked for other builders.
    Have yet to see one on the water.

jlnorthrup122
    Kinda reminds me of the Cadilac Alante's GM would build the chasis and ship them to Italdesign and have the rest build and styled there. I think that there are alot of builders out there and the low prices won't last long once the word gets out.

cola
    the old Virage is the same hull that Water Rod in useing. nice looking hull. building in San Bernardino Ca. he has had the molds for 5 yrs ? they must pass this stuff around after one goes BK.
    Later, Mike

Lightning
    roln 20s:
    Roln 20s Can it truely be considered a new "builder" if the hull is being built by someone else?? This thread should be called "New West Coast Custom Boat Rigging". I know that using someone else's molds is cost effective when you are trying to enter the market, but that's not too exciting. What's interesting or exciting is when you hear about a new boat being built and it's an all new design built from the ground up - not somebody else's boat rerigged.
    I would be interested in seeing some pictures though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast