Thread: WHERE TO BOAT IN DENVER?

Over the Labor Day weekend I was in Denver visiting my cousin. He recently bought a beautiful home in Castle Rock. In Highlands Ranch I saw a boat shop called Sundance Marine. My cousin is a SoCal transplant and misses the Co River badly. His Southwind has been in mothballs here in LA for two years now. Where can he go to use his hot boat in or around Denver and is the Sundown Marine in Highlands Ranch related to the ol Sundown Marine group that used to be owned and operated in Huntington Beach Ca by Bob Long.
    Boozer are you from Denver?

Boozer
    BUSTI:
    Over the Labor Day weekend I was in Denver visiting my cousin. He recently bought a beautiful home in Castle Rock. In Highlands Ranch I saw a boat shop called Sundance Marine. My cousin is a SoCal transplant and misses the Co River badly. His Southwind has been in mothballs here in LA for two years now. Where can he go to use his hot boat in or around Denver and is the Sundown Marine in Highlands Ranch related to the ol Sundown Marine group that used to be owned and operated in Huntington Beach Ca by Bob Long.
    Boozer are you from Denver? There are a lot of places to boat here. Locally he can hit chatfield and Cherry Creek. I have lost 2 props to Chatfield though so I wont be boating there again.
    There are a few places I personally enjoy boating at a LOT. Grand Lake, Granby, and Glendo, Wy. Glendo is by far my fav place to go. It's a 200 mile drive from Denver and every bit worth the drive.
    As far as Sundance Marine goes I really haven't a clue. I live like 4 minutes from the place but have never done business with them. Sterling Marine has been really good to me so I will be loyal to them.

Backtanner
    When I was stationed at Ft Carson (Colorado Springs)about 10 years ago we would go hang out at Pueblo res. From what I remember it looked like a cool place to boat. From Castle Rock I would guess it would be about an hour and a half drive.

carreraboat
    since i am selling my boat i decided to go up to cripple creek co. on the way up between trinadad and co. springs i noticed a ton of "hot boats" going down south toward raton where were they all going? i know of few go to conchas and ute lake but where else is there i am always open to check out a new lake in southern co. or northern nm.
    [ September 07, 2003, 06:49 AM: Message edited by: carreraboat ]