Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hot Tub Guru's!!!!!

Froggystyle
    IF any of you are Hot Tub/Spa guys... I will happily trade some boat work for a repair on my new/used tub.
    Bottom line... it was free. Nice looking, works OK but it shocks the dogshit out of you if you have one foot on the ground, and touch the water. If you aren't grounded... no shock at all. Me being the idiot I am... I just jump in!
    It is an early 90's Jacuzzi 6x6 and is in great shape otherwise. I think something is wrong with the relays, or possibly the motor because It will not actuate the "high" setting on the jets. It circulates fine, it even heats great. There just is no pressure to the jets.
    I figure with the grounding issue, it has got to be a ground fault in the motor. Just a guess.
    Anyone know their shit?

Froggystyle
    Oh, and I need to find a way to circumvent the "high limit" switch on the heater. 104 is about 2-3 degrees short of what I want. That is as high as it will go on the digital thermostat.

HotHallet
    My friend Brandon is a pool and spa guy for a living. He could probably tell you what is wrong. I don't know if he is planning on keeping his boat or not but it's got an old Jacuzzi pump if you can do anything with that.

Froggystyle
    HotHallet:
    My friend Brandon is a pool and spa guy for a living. He could probably tell you what is wrong. I don't know if he is planning on keeping his boat or not but it's got an old Jacuzzi pump if you can do anything with that. I could paint it...
    See if he need any wiring. I would actually be happy to pay the man if need be. I just know that a lot of you guys need work done that you can't neccessarily swing right now financially.

Hotcrusader76
    I can spray paint it for ya and I'll throw in a grounding strap for free. The strap is offered in many different colors. I'll even try to get your logo added in.
    You interested?

DEEZ NUTTS
    Sounds like a party favorite to me! I would let all my friends take a zap.

Froggystyle
    DEEZ NUTTS:
    Sounds like a party favorite to me! I would let all my friends take a zap. More of a tickle than anything else... but it is seriously disconcerting to chicks in particluar, and who wants a hot tub full of guys?

skeepwerkzaz
    Reminds me of the guy in "Down Periscope" eek!

miller19j
    I had a friend that had the same problem with his. It was not properly grounded, Check your ground.
    As far as messing with the temp limit. Be careful we did it on one when I was younger and stupider. We turned it on in the morning and came back in the evening (after a few beers) and that thing was almost boiling! We had to drain it part way and put hose water in it before we could get in.

Froggystyle
    I just want to find a way to get it to 106 or 107. 104 feels tepid to me.
    I grew up with a redwood tub fired by natural gas. That thing would get way up there if you let it. You just had to figure out how many minutes a day it took to get up there, then set the timer (no thermostat).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast