Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mohave/Laughlin Memorial--No representation from Memorial!? :(

hd&boatrider
    Oh well....I give up. I guess gasoline ally sure missed my boat and the girls I was bringing

Frosty_pop
    hd&boatrider:
    Oh well....I give up. I guess gasoline ally sure missed my boat and the girls I was bringing I went by Gasoline alley...... nothing was happening, just a few punk kids hangin out playing jungle music, I would say it was a real sasage fest. You didn't miss anything. Water was way to rough because of all the lake lice unless you went out before 6am. I don't even want to tell you about the lines to launch......

THATJEFFGUY
    I agree with you FrostyPop..the lake sucked this past weekend. I have never seen so many lake lice there..even 10-15 miles up the lake !! I couldn't even find a cove that wasn't already taken. Gasoline Alley was definitely a big sausage fest...then some idiot jumped off the rocks just as I was passing by...he came inches from my landing IN my boat. I cruised thru with my wife and family onboard and the jackasses were even yelling at her to take her top off..with my kids right there..f'n assholes ! The water was way too rough, the only calm place I found was right by thge dam in the no wake zone. The lines sucked too ! I came in to the marina at 8:30pm, thinking that alot of people would be out of the water by then..especially the lake lice because of darkness..WRONG !! I finally pulled the boat put at 12:15...yep almost 3 hours in line..it was all the way up to where you pay. It didn't help that a bunch of assholes parked in the first lot were cutting in the line too..one got his ass beat pretty bad by some people that had been waiting in line for 2 hours. I think that'll be my last trip on a holiday weekend. By the way how far is Cottonwood Cove up ? Maybe I'll just head outta Katherine Landing and go straight up there...I hear it's nice.

Uplink
    I was there with the wife and friends. Yes, Sat sucked at Katherines, it took an hour and a half to launch at 9am. We cruised up to about mile 35, (water is still too cold to swim for long).
    It took 3 hours (7-10pm) Sat night to load, my wife saw that fight when that idiot cut in line. We got screwed again when we got back to the hotel, the RV lot was full. We used another lot 3 hotels down and walked. Saturdays are impossible on holiday weekends.
    Sunday was much better, we got there earlier (about 8am), very short fast launch line, more beaches to choose from, found a nice one about mile 14, came back at night about 9pm, very short ramp line.
    Jeff, Cottonwood is about mile 20, yes it's way nicer above Cottonwood and there are lots more beaches and coves.
    I lost my wakeboard on Sun, was shuffling all the crap around the boat and set it on the rear bench without weighing it down. Took off and the wind caught it and went flying, didn't notice it was gone until an hour later. That was an expensive mistake.
    Here's a couple pics at the beach Sunday. <Mark>
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/194mohave2-med.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/194mohave-med.jpg[/img]

hd&boatrider
    Well, I have to admit that it sounds like I did not miss much. I usually don't go out on major holiday weekends anyhow for just the reasons everybody listed. Over the past year I have been taking out friends during holiday weekends because they really wanted to go. I think after hearing all of this I am done with taking the boat out during peak periods. I will stick to weekdays and normal weekends. I don't have the problems at the launch ramp simply because I always have a slip--it is the only way to go.
    Cottonwood Cove is a good option to go launch at but I suspect it is also starting to get congested.
    After looking at the sunset picture don't you think it made your trip worthwhile

HOOTER SLED-
    The pics are on there way. I have some better ones that I had to get developed on CD. Some OK ones on the digital. Gasoline WAS kinda weak. More dick jumping off cliffs than anything. Only went out there Sat. Two hours to get off lake. Did the Havasu run from the Avi on Friday. Got better pics from the Channel. Launched out of Big Bend on Sun. Getting tired of the crowds though. May only go one holiday per year. I can't hang any more man. Only went to Loser's Lounge on Thurs. night.
    Fri. and Sat., didn't get back to hotel until at least 9:30pm. Spent too much time on the water. But I had a good time though.
    Frosty, I didn't see you out there on Sat. were you hiding??
    HOOTER

Frosty_pop
    I was out there....... there where three boats total in our group, My Jet, A tri hull I/O, and an open hull egg beater. We all launched at Princess Cove and went up a little ways, found a beach and parked it..... to many people, to rough of water.

Uplink
    After looking at the sunset picture don't you think it made your trip worthwhile yup, staying out till late at Mohave was the best part. Waters calm, and air temp is perfect. The GPS is great for coming back at night and missing the ramp crowds too...<Mark>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12