Thread: alternate route to laughlin..

Doug H.
    reading that the I40 is jacked-up does anyone know of any sites that show different roadways to get there ? i live in lancaster and don't want to travel the 40 if possible "THE COMMANDER"...doug

Ziggy
    You could always drive into Vegas first then come back down thru Henderson,Searchlight into Laughlin...but thats kinda the long way around. Any other way will be even longer from Lancaster.
    ps, Doug I got some Commander questions I'd like to ask you..check your PM

sandblasted
    Doug, there really is no other way than to take the 40...The road work is only in a couple areas and it is less than a mile...Nothing as bad as last year when they had it down to 1 lane for 20 miles...

al cole'holic
    Ziggy:
    You could always drive into Vegas first then come back down thru Henderson,Searchlight into Laughlin...but thats kinda the long way around. Any other way will be even longer from Lancaster.
    ps, Doug I got some Commander questions I'd like to ask you..check your PM I would not reccomend this way to anyone, I just did it for OP6...I wanted to strangle the guy I had to pick up in Vegas.

kevnmcd
    You could always take the I-15 up to the Nipton Road offramp, head east toward Searchlight, and take the I-95 south to Laughlin. I take Nipton Road to Cottonwood on Lake Mojave...it would be a little longer but not as bumpy as the I-40. Just my .02

burtandnancy
    kevnmcd is dead on. This is a great way, and when traffic is backed up on the 40, there is no one on the Nipton/Searchlite road...

al cole'holic
    Whereabouts is that exit??

Danhercules
    I 10 to 29palms through Amboy and to the 40 right by Goffs. All 2lane roads.

kevnmcd
    al cole'holic:
    Whereabouts is that exit?? It is just before Stateline coming down the back side of the Baker grade.