Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crash near Red Cloud Rd on 10 Fri 7/25-UPDATE

Ziggy
    Anyone see the accident on I10 friday nite? 10pm ish. It was near Red Cloud Rd not far from Desert Center.
    My son witnessed it happen and was the only one that stopped to help.
    Son was cruising 75-80 and these two peeps blow by him like he was standing still. Well they kinda got boxed in a bit and did a few squeeze lane changes, the last one she clipped the front end of a Semi that sent them flying off the road to the right. eek!
    NOT ONE CAR stopped to help them, including the Semi-truck!!!!!!
    Both passenger and driver had apparently been drinking, car full of bottles(and a rented car).
    Girl, Angel was from Hemet and guy, Mark(passenger) from SanPedro. He had severe injuries including a nearly severed leg and was loosing a lot of blood. She was in shock and wandering around, not knowing she had a broken spine.
    So my kid and their friends found the guy basically hanging on the barb fencing bleeding profusely, they managed to slow the bleeding and keep the girl conscience until authorities arrived. Even the cops had a hard time finding them my son said.
    Big eye opener for my kid and his friends...see I said, there's no reason to be in a rush, bad things happen.
    Anyhow, I'd guess that they certainly saved the life of this guy since he was bleeding so badly, had they not stopped he well may have bled to death since the car wasn't that visible from the road and nobody else who saw it stopped.
    Anyone know who these folks might be? Our thoughts and prayers are out to them for a complete recovery.
    [ July 31, 2003, 02:01 PM: Message edited by: Ziggy ]

SLOWRIDE190
    i'm confused. the drunks were the only ones hurt? or they were ok and hurt others?

hboldno7
    wow, big props to your sons group for stopping and helping out in what sounds like a horrible situation.

Jrocket
    Ziggy:
    Son was cruising 75-80 and these two peeps blow by him like he was standing still. Well they kinda got boxed in a bit and did a few squeeze lane changes, the last one she clipped the front end of a Semi that sent them flying off the road to the right. eek!
    Both passenger and driver had apparently been drinking, car full of bottles(and a rented car).
    I wonder why nobody stopped?

Ziggy
    SLOWRIDE190:
    i'm confused. the drunks were the only ones hurt? or they were ok and hurt others? Just the ones in the car(the ones drinking). Think it was a white Ford Focus.

Outnumbered
    Ziggy:
    ...these two peeps blow by him like he was standing still. Well they kinda got boxed in a bit and did a few squeeze lane changes, the last one she clipped the front end of a Semi that sent them flying off the road to the right. eek!
    Girl, ... Well this may not be popular opinion but I say they got what they had coming to them. Drunk ass holes like that could kill my family or your family. I have no sympathy. Sorry, but I've seen too many peeps lives ruined or ended from drunk punks.
    JMO
    OL

locogringo
    I'd still stop and help them though...

Outnumbered
    I didn't say I wouldn't stop. Just said they got what they deserved...a good scare, hopefully a DUI, and a scar or two to remind them not to do that shit again.
    OL

Ziggy
    Jrocket:
    Ziggy:
    I wonder why nobody stopped? My son couldn't believe nobody else stopped either It has certainly had a profound impact on my son. Quite traumatic for a group of 20 yr olds. He simple said to me why couldn't these bozo's wait til they got there to party? He happened to run into someone in Havasu Saturday thats does MX extreme(Metal Militia, Andy Tolino or Totino) who new the girl...he was shocked!

Jrocket
    Ziggy:
    Jrocket:
    Ziggy:
    I wonder why nobody stopped? My son couldn't believe nobody else stopped either It has certainly had a profound impact on my son. Quite traumatic for a group of 20 yr olds. He simple said to me why couldn't these bozo's wait til they got there to party? He happened to run into someone in Havasu Saturday thats does MX extreme(Metal Militia, Andy Tolino or Totino) who new the girl...he was shocked! Actually,if I saw them driving like that and then they crashed,I wouldnt stop either.Im tired of helping the idiots,while(sometimes)the inocennt suffer from it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast