Thread: sinking cat

dcb carrera
    Does anybody know whos tunnel hull (cat)was under water except for the forks saturday at winsors ramp. Putting my boat on the trailer it felt like I was on the north atlantic. The lake looked like that victory at sea show. I hope everybody got in OK.

bear down
    I also saw this cat that day. The water was very rough and it was sad to see that guy in the water with his boat. I pulled up next to him to give him a life jacket and he got aboard another boat. It looked like he had an anchor line tied to his eye hook. Wondering if he took on water or left out his plugs. Hope he and the boat are o.k. Those were some bad weather conditions on the lake that day.

dimarcobros
    Does anybody have pictures?

MirRoc
    it was rough out there, but had fun getting air borne, felt like the ocean.

SCUBA STEVE
    bear down:
    I also saw this cat that day. The water was very rough and it was sad to see that guy in the water with his boat. I pulled up next to him to give him a life jacket and he got aboard another boat. It looked like he had an anchor line tied to his eye hook. Wondering if he took on water or left out his plugs. Hope he and the boat are o.k. Those were some bad weather conditions on the lake that day. should you not anchor cats from the eye hook? I dont have a cat, but my buddy just picked one up. It would be some good advice to pass along.
    that must be the worst feeling to see your pride & joy under water. I hope no one got hurt.
    [ May 05, 2003, 11:23 AM: Message edited by: SCUBA STEVE ]

Tom Slick
    We saw that boat as well. Most likely, the driver of the boat was waiting for his trailer to pick him up at the ramp, when a wave swamped him. It looked like it was a smaller Daytona, maybe a 22'. In those conditions, it is important to keep the bow of your boat pointed into the wind, or you will risk having a wave roll over your transom and sink your boat, especialy smaller boats with no free board.
    Hope everyone was ok.

Duck
    How did the Eliminator regatta come off in the foul weather? Did they even run the poker run?
    Was it a channel party instead? Daytona owner need to know.

Jrocket
    Any more news on the boat that sank?

25Elmn8r
    Duck:
    How did the Eliminator regatta come off in the foul weather? Did they even run the poker run?
    Was it a channel party instead? Daytona owner need to know. The regatta was great, yes the poker run was held and it wasn't that bad until later in the day. It was a little chilly running down the lake but the sun did peek thru a couple times. All in all it was a great time.
    [ May 06, 2003, 10:48 AM: Message edited by: 25Elmn8r ]

Skullinator
    I also saw the Eliminator sink and am almost certain that vessel assit lifted it with air bags and he got it back on the trailer