Thread: Lone Rock, lake powell questions

Stokerdave
    Anyone know what the conditions at lone rock are now? planning on going there in three weeks, would just like to know what its like there, with the water continuing to go down, thanks for any help.

77charger
    the water level is down about 95 ft.I have been there when it is down 80 ft.The restrooms can get faraway.As far as the boating around there it is still good.but the sand can get soft going to the beach so make sure you find a hard pack trail to take to the beach from the entry road.

BoatFloating
    We're going in 5 weeks and they are saying run off should raise level about 10ft or higher by end of June. I hoping Castle Rock pass will be open by the time we go. Go here for great info.
    Lake Powell info

burtandnancy
    It would have to rain for 40 days and 40 nights to bring that lake up 10 feet...

BoatFloating
    burtandnancy:
    It would have to rain for 40 days and 40 nights to bring that lake up 10 feet... It's not rain that raises lake, it's snow run off from Colorado and Utah. 10ft is very possible raise by end of June. I would say it will go up a mininum of 5ft. This is what park service thinks, because they extended ramps based this info. I'll make you a friendly bet, lake will go up 7' - 8' by end of July. Lake level is at 3605' as of today.

DEEZ NUTTS
    I may be going this weekend. I have lots to do to the boat so not shure if I will make it. The following weekend for shure. Anyhow I will give a report as soon as I can.
    I dont think the castle rock pass will be usable for a couple more months. wayneswords.com is a fishing site but he has the flow levels, ramp info, pictures of Powell. Check it.

DEEZ NUTTS
    I just hit wayneswords. Looks like the last 14 days average 0 increase/decrease. Lake is up a few tenths of an inch for the last 2 days.

BoatFloating
    I would say the flow really picks up in the next month or 2 based on temps. I heard people talking that there might be some flooding based on late storms and then high temps. I'm just hoping by June 20th Castle pass will be open.

Stokerdave
    so far, lone rock hopefully shouldn't be to much diffrent from how it was last august, except less water, and farther to the bathrooms. Deez nutz let us know how its is there if you go, thanks