Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Shasta lake houseboating

Rock-it man
    GUess the mind is the first thing to go!!!!! I heard the Sacramento Shootout is July 18,19,20 this year,It is part of the Sacramento Bridge to Bridge Festival They close off the river for the Radar runs ,it is a little SCARRY !!!! going under those bridges at high speeds ,last year the Freedom Cat ran I believe 136 mph ,at lake mead earlier in the summer he went past me at 151mph the pace boat got him on radar.They have a poker run on fri and the speed runs are sat and sun usally get 6 runs a day as there are other functios on the river also Drag boats etc.The Portland poker run is the same weekend too bad as the sacramento run is more important to me cause I love the portland run, maybe cause I could be first there .Craig the drive does not have an xmission it is just like the boat they tested in power boat Jan issue page 84.The water leval at shasta has been full last 3 years but drops all summer as those of you in Calif need to fill your pools,it will be great in june and july ,even when its down there is still over 400 mi of shore line so not too worry !. wow!!!! its going to be a great summer I think 2003 will be the best!!!!!.SEE YA ROCK-IT MAN

HP350SC
    Craig- How is Lake Powell for houseboating as compared to Shasta? We are going to stay in Weed the night before at motel 6,not too sure about any closer motels,but I'm sure there's other options too. I gotta get a faster boat damnit!Anybody know the price of fuel at the marina?I'm guessing $3.00 gallon.

Rock-it man
    If you get a far as Weed you are just a short drive from Lakehead,good spot as it puts you at Lakehead early, the next motels I would stay at are in Redding,Good pic on that house boat ,Friends have rented it a lot 2 decks,air,gen,stero,micro etc. yess fuel is 3.00 + and that boat will use a lot.watch the holding tanks as they fill fast bu plenty of marinas to get a pump out.I have been on shasta 15 years and always remember to double stake at night coase the wind can come up and most important NEVER I mean NEVER leave food or garbage on the front deck at night or you WILL !!!!! meet a BEAR.The Mc Cloud arm is the worst for bears but if your carefull they wont come around and when they do they only want your garbage . Morley cove is a great place to stay the first night try to put up in a cove at night and not on the main body of the lake ,gets rough, just nw of the dam is dry creek and its well protected and there is great fishing trout (use worms) 15-20 in all the time and lots of eagles to watch. If you always stake up on a rock bank the water will stay clean around the boat.I love Shasta and you will have a great time there. GO FAST ROCK-IT MAN

Craig
    HP350SC:
    Craig- How is Lake Powell for houseboating as compared to Shasta? We are going to stay in Weed the night before at motel 6,not too sure about any closer motels,but I'm sure there's other options too. I gotta get a faster boat damnit!Anybody know the price of fuel at the marina?I'm guessing $3.00 gallon. Powells beautiful, but way different than Shasta (from the pic's I've seen) Powell has more shoreline than the west coast! It's full of gorgeous barren red rock scenery. But, there's also something to be said about the green around Shasta!
    Is there anywhere around the Shasta area to get av-gas?

COUGAR20.5
    Hey Rock-it man I would sure like to see that new rocket when you get it! I know you have got to take to a lake around here. (I live in Medford)Let me know when you are going to get it wet I would love to stop by and check it out! Al

Havasu Hangin'
    HP350SC:
    ...if any one person was being a jackass all the others could vote them off without refund."Survivor"- Shasta?

hulshot
    hey rocket man there are a few boats at shasta marina to be concerned about, and not just the daytonas either. I know some cats that can run deep into the triple digits that hang out at shasta. let us know when this weekend will be. I know we will be there. I have never seen this 26 datona your talking about that sits and hangs out under the bridge waiting for someone to race.

BK
    hulshot:
    hey rocket man there are a few boats at shasta marina to be concerned about, and not just the daytonas either. I know some cats that can run deep into the triple digits that hang out at shasta. let us know when this weekend will be. I know we will be there. I have never seen this 26 datona your talking about that sits and hangs out under the bridge waiting for someone to race. Thats a fact, some real fast boats out of Shast Marina, never seen the 26 Daytona. I live in Redding about 10 miles from Shasta and we do most of our boating there (or Whiskytown Lake).
    Craig, the water level is rising now that they quit releasing so much of it into the Sac River and should be way up for this summer. Theres good hotels in Redding but if you want to stay on the lake I would recomend Bridge Bay Resort or in one of the Lodges at Antlers Resort, both a bit pricey but very nice. Dont know of anyware to get av-gas near Shasta but theres a place in South Redding off Market st. to get hi octane-race fuel, about a 20 min drive from the lake. Gas prices on the lake are usually around 2.75-3.25 a gallon and thats for 87 octane, Silverthorne Resort is the only place on the lake that I know of with 92.
    Mid June should be real nice, the water is still cool enough to be refreshing and the normal temp should be in the mid to high 90's but ya never know, it can get REAL hot on Shasta.
    If anyone needs info, let me know and i'll help if I can.

Boatmaster
    Put a post out when the date gets closer, I own a private houseboat at Shasta Marina and would love to hook up. I am the guy Rock It Man was talking about with the DCB rigged 25 Eliminator with twin 300s. It would be worth your time to go into Shasta Marina on your trip, on any given weekend there are 10 plus daytonas lurking. Rock It Man never under estimate the power of eggbeaters in numbers!! HeHeHe can't wait to see your new ride. You Know Phil will be waiting for you!!!

Cole
    posted by rocketman
    Hey !!! Cole nice choice , BUT EGG BEATERS !!!!! WHY. ??????
    --------------------------------------------------
    I love the idea of o/bs on the 26,should be
    100-110 or more mph all day long and be pretty much worry free,it will look real trick with the canopies..plus i just dont see 26/obs anywhere!!!! the interior room is huge...i think i am going too install a pole for the women to polish..there is the room .
    the daytona was laid up very light with deco lite interior and the cabin has "nothing" in it for less weight.the 2.5s have benn worked and installed with drag boxes and produce about 300hp and spin 8000-9000rpms,i'll post some pics today!!!! Cole

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast