Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rotty Breeder

Boozer
    Looking for a Rotty breeder in either the 909 or 760.
    My Lady's been looking for one for me out there and not had much luck. She found one breeder but the dogs didn't have their tales cropped the parents looked like they were fighting dogs and they weren't papered. The crazy ass breeders wanted $500 a piece. WTF!! I preffer German block heads.

HavasuDreamin'
    Do your homework on the breeder. You will be glad you did. My wife and I have a 3 month old female Rott that we found abandoned in an ally when she was about 3 weeks old. She has turned into a happy go lucky pup. We are fortunate that she is a good dog, although she plays quite rough for a 3 month old.
    Be prepared for this dog to EAT eek!
    Our pup is about 35 lbs right now at 3 1/2 months. The vet said she is going to be about 100 lbs.
    Great Dogs, Good Luck

Boozer
    I know he'll eat a lot. I prepared for that. I found a rescue that has some good dogs but they don't have any pups and the only way my cat and this dog are going to get a long is if I get a pup.
    I love my cat but I need a dog that I can take boating and will also intimidate the hell out of people. I plan to train him to be friendly as can be but just the looks of a rott intimidate people so I think he'll be the perfect dog for me.

HavasuDreamin'
    Boozer:
    I know he'll eat a lot. I prepared for that. I found a rescue that has some good dogs but they don't have any pups and the only way my cat and this dog are going to get a long is if I get a pup.
    I love my cat but I need a dog that I can take boating and will also intimidate the hell out of people. I plan to train him to be friendly as can be but just the looks of a rott intimidate people so I think he'll be the perfect dog for me. Yes, rescues will rarely have young pups. You need to find a good breeder that does NOT inbreed.....meaning brother and sister, etc. That screws them up mentally.
    A great source of information regarding the breed is the internet. You can also locate breeders on the internet. I would start there. Be prepared for these breeders to ask you questions though about your house, etc. They want to make sure their dogs are going to good homes. I can't blame them.
    You need to read up on the breed. They tell you that you need to actually introduce Rotts to new people.........don't let them introduce themselves. wink They are extremely loyal and devoted dogs. Ours is great, but she is very playful..........the problem is she doesn't know she is a bull dozer. So.....while she thinks she is just playing, she is actually being quite rough. We are trying to put the kabash on her jumping up on people, and (play) biting. Good dog, but a time consuming dog if you want one that is well behaved.
    Oh yeah.......most will tell you that obedience training is a must with these dogs. I agree.

78Eliminator
    Boozer:
    Looking for a Rotty breeder in either the 909 or 760.Please don't buy from a breeder. There are tons of them in shelters that will be put to sleep if they are not adopted. Pleae go look there and you will find one.

Blown 472
    78 your killing me wif dat pic.

Boozer
    78Eliminator:
    Boozer:
    Looking for a Rotty breeder in either the 909 or 760.Please don't buy from a breeder. There are tons of them in shelters that will be put to sleep if they are not adopted. Pleae go look there and you will find one. I would if I could but I need a little pup to raise around my cat. Plus when you're talking rot it's upbringing weighs heavily on the dogs behavior. If I were looking for a diff type of dog like a cocker or something like that then a shelter dog would be fine but it's a lot different with a rot.

Sun burners
    They are extremely loyal and devoted dogs. Ours is great, but she is very playful..........the problem is she doesn't know she is a bull dozer. So.....while she thinks she is just playing, she is actually being quite rough. We are trying to put the kabash on her jumping up on people, and (play) biting. Good dog, but a time consuming dog if you want one that is well behaved.
    Oh yeah.......most will tell you that obedience training is a must with these dogs. I agree. [/QB][/QUOTE]
    Yes about 110% true
    My ROTT likes to sit on the person standing next to or talking to me 100lbs of fat ass on someones shoes makes them know he is there!

RiverToysJas
    78Eliminator:
    Boozer:
    Looking for a Rotty breeder in either the 909 or 760.Please don't buy from a breeder. There are tons of them in shelters that will be put to sleep if they are not adopted. Pleae go look there and you will find one. I hear you, but as stated Rotts need to be raised right. besides, if the dogs being bred at the breeder don't get a good home, they end up at the pound anyway.
    Our Rottie was from Sundance Ranch Rottweilers in Yorba Linda, but they are now retired. He sadly passed last summer at 4.5 years old from diabetes. Perhaps we'll be reasy to find another in 6 months or so...
    RTJas

I was in the Upland shelter a week ago and adopted a little pup (not rotty).
    There was a very young looking male Rotty there that was extremely friendly and seemed very good natured. Very possibly is still there as this was only a week ago. If anyone's interested I can take a look, I live right up the street. I wish I could have taken him too but I'm at my limit numerically for doggies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast